Seventeenth Week

All your hard work paid off when the high school basketball team made it to the finals. Just as everyone expected, the rival schools meet again.

We are all nervous in the first game of the finals. I didn't expect that the high school league could gather so much crowd. It was some sort of a big deal because it somehow marks the end of Brendt Ashford and Triumph Arcillas rivalry in their high school years.

You said Tres has been dying to win since Ashford, with the help of Kuya Zion won for four consecutive years. The four-peat is enough. All of you are so driven to put a stop in their winning streak.

But the first game didn't fall on our side.

What I admire about you is that you never really take losing to heart. When the game ended, you really made an effort to cheer your teammates up.

That same night, tumawag ka sa akin para ibalita na may victory party kayo sa dorm niyo. It's very spontaneous. Hindi alam ni Coach. You said it's to celebrate losing. How ironic.

You realized, your teammates are so hang up on winning that they've forgotten to enjoy. In the first place, you all played because you love the sport. But it somehow turned into just about winning the game.

Kampante naman ako dahil bawal kayo uminom sa campus premises. You didn't sound drunk. But I could hear the loud voices in the background, courtesy of Heaven's curses. I can say they're really enjoying.

Everyone seems to be in their best condition at the second game of the finals. I've never been that nervous in my entire life nang nagbuzzer beater ka kaya tumabla at nag-overtime.

The maroon crowd went wild.

You were exhausted but you were really determined. Hindi mo ininda ang pagod, you just played in the best way that you can. Your energy is very contagious and it really shows in your dynamics with your teammates. Everyone is just in their 'A' game.

And you won.

After the game, you dragged me along with the gang to a nearby Mcdonalds. It was just a simple celebration to your victory. Ravi is present that night and he also watched. His game is scheduled next week against Maxwell.

Tawang tawa kami nang siningil mo sina Heaven and Lelouch ng ambag nila. They thought it was all on you.

"Kapal naman ng libag niyo." You forced them to bring out their wallets. Lelouch obliged immediately. Si Heaven yung pumapalag.

Paano ba naman, he ordered a lot because he thought you'll pay.

We had fun hanging out. Magaan kasama ang mga kaibigan mo. Magui and I easily fit in. We all have diverse and somehow contrasting personalities but then it also balances out everyone's energy.

Of course, Taki is always sarcastic. She'd never miss an opportunity to throw snide remarks towards me, pero nasanay na ako sa kanya. You can't really read what's going on in her mind. Most of the time kasi, she looks absolutely done with the world. But you told me she's really a softie.

Lalo lang akong napalapit kay Sloane. She's like the mother of the group. Caring and very patient. You told me you became friends with her because she was bullied before. Laging naiinis sa kanya si Taki dahil 'weakshit' siya. But then she cares for her the most. Then you all became her shield until no one bullied her anymore.

Si Raphael Javier naman mapang-asar. Lagi silang nagtatalo ni Heaven over petty things. Minsan, sumasali ka para lalong mapikon ang pinsan mo. But most of the time, you'd just laugh at their silliness. Ravi's also a playboy. You even blamed him for teaching you his ways. Hindi siya nauubusan ng kachat or katext. He's a natural charmer. Can't blame the girls, though. He has looks to hook girls in and a great personality to make them fall.

Lelouch is a snob. It's a wonder how he's surrounded by all these strong and loud personalities without getting influenced by you, guys. Kapag kinukulit niyo siya, kayo pa ang na-ooffend kapag binara niya kayo. He's also one of the most popular. He's charismatic without putting much effort. Hindi nga ngumingiti eh. But then, if he walks in, you can't help but pay attention.

And Magui is a social butterfly. It's a piece of cake for her to make friends. She makes everyone feel comfortable. And it's very natural for her to be in the spotlight. Madalas center of attention. Hindi siya nawawalan ng kwento. We're contrasting personalities but then we get along really well.

Finals. Game 3.

The whole gymnasium was packed with people.

Blue against Maroon. Knights vs Hawks.

I'm wearing your maroon letterman jacket with your surname at the back. It's quite big for me but you wanted me to wear it as a sign of support. I'm also wearing your ball cap. Sloane made a banner with printed derp faces of you, Heaven and Lelouch with 'Tri-Perfecta!  Uwu! Uwu!' written in huge letters. Walang ganang hinahawakan iyon ni Taki. Magui is happily cheering along with the crowd.

The game was so intense. Mabilis na lumamang ang Ashford. Brendt is a monster in court. He scored most of the points for his team. Sobrang ganda rin ng chemistry ng team nila.

Tinapatan siya ni Tres. He's good with rebounding. Kapag nakakapuntos ang kalaban, ay mabilis niyang nareretrieve ang bola. Magaling rin siyang tumira sa malayo. Ang dami niyang nagawang three-point shots.

Napatayo ako sa upuan ko nang bumagsak ka. Someone collided with you in mid air and you landed quite badly. You are clutching your leg in pain. The game is about to end. At lamang ng anim na puntos ang kalaban.

My tears instantly fall when they had to carry you out the court. Mabilis kaming dumalo nila Magui papunta sa bench side niyo.

I got so mad because you wanted to go back and play. Your leg doesn't look okay! The medics attended you immediately. You sprained your ankle and it's swollen! Tapos gusto mong bumalik at maglaro?

"Stop it, Sky! They can do it! Don't you trust your teammates? Just fucking get treated!" Pagsaway ko sayo dahil di ka nakikinig.

You stopped protesting when you saw my tears falling. I'm here all worried but you just care about getting back in the game!

You sighed and closed your eyes shut for a moment. "Okay. I'm sorry. Can you please stop crying?" You wiped my tear-streaken face.

"Don't be stubborn."

"Yes, baby. I'm sorry."

And we watched the game together. You look very tensed and pained at the same time. Nilagyan nila ng benda ang paa mo. I just felt your cold hand touching mine. You look straight at the court with a nervous look in your eyes. Hinayaan kitang hawakan ang kamay ko.

It was Tres' three pointer that ended the game in our victory. Pati ako ay napatalon nang nanalo ang Princeton. I got too carried away and hugged you while you're still sitting down on the bench.

You chuckled when I got flustered after it. Sobrang saya ko lang! We won by a point! The maroon crowd felt so much pride. After four years, the Hawks finally won.

Tres was awarded Finals MVP. Kasama naman sina Lelouch at Heaven sa mythical five. You are then awarded the Season's MVP.

We all took a picture together after the awards. You are sitting down while we all point to your injured leg.

It is indeed a victory to remember

-T.A