Treaty Of Panem

Treaty Of Neutral Peace

There once was a place called North America, a beautiful land wreathed with life and hope. Soon, however, droughts, fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, and encroaching seas took their toll. Brutal wars broke out as people fought for the few remaining resources. The earth was scarred and desolate; the people, terrified and hopeless.

But out of the ashes rose Panem; a Capitol ringed by 13 districts which brought peace and prosperity to its citizens for many generations. New life was brought to the land.

Then, devastation and war broke upon the natives. The innocent were now prey, the resulting bloodshed endless. Destruction rained upon the land. We, the people of Panem, will never again let such happen.

Thus, this Treaty of Neutral Peace is written and signed, providing the world with new laws to live by - laws that would guarantee peace.

The Dark Days must never repeat themself. It is decreed that on this day, any creatures of mythical origin are to be suspended from the Capitol - their leader: Coriolanus Snow. The Districts will henceforth be led by President Alma Coin. They shall stay in comfort and never leave the Districts ever again, for fear of the unnatural beings beyond the barriers. The Districts will be safe in their own homes and be provided with everything they require by the economies of the other Districts. They will supply the Capital with their necessities.

Every District will hold a Reaping of their children to be trained to save this nation and keep the safety of their homes. 1 young woman and 1 young man from every District will be Reaped, their ages ranging from twelve to eighteen years of age. They will become the glorified Vampire Slayers, the protectors of Panem.

If there is any defilement of this treaty, Slayers are allowed to protect themselves and their land in any way necessary. An iron fence will border the line between our nation. And in every District for their own safety.

Those who defile this Treaty will pay the ultimate price.....