chap 9

Lisa: Unnie! I can't wait for you to watch it!!
Sorn: And I cant wait to see ittttt T^T my babies are grownnnn
I can't believe you guys are competing against one another
Who will i root for?? Hmmm 🙈
Lisa: wth unnie 😤
Me of course!!

"Lisa-yaaaaa the teaser's out!" Jennie came barging into Lisa's room and plopped on top of her who was lying down on the bed.

"Well get off or I won't be alive to see it!" She hurriedly switched apps to look at the teaser Hit the Stage released. "Oh my god oh my god!" She screamed as she appeared on screen. "Wah this is embarrassing." She immediately closed it before it even finished.

"What do you mean! It's so good. Such charisma!" Jennie teased and put her phone in front of her face to show her teaser. She had no choice but to watch it considering how Jennie was basically crushing the life out of her at this point. I do seem a little cool.

"Lisaaa!" Rosé screamed from the living room. "The teaser!"

"I know! I'm watching it now!" She shouted back.

"It's on the tv!" Jennie rolled off of her and they jogged towards the living room where Jisoo, Dalgom on her lap, and Rosé were already watching the HTS commercial being flashed on the tv. "Wah so cool lisa!" Rosé hugged her and shook her. She couldn't help but giggle with excitement and because of Rosé shaking her.

"Good job good job!" Jisoo said in english, showing both her thumbs up while nodding proudly. Dalgom barked in agreement.

Lisa: unnie! Did you see!
Sorn: yeah i did! You guys did so greattt huhuhu 😭💕
Lisa: yeahhh i saw bam's too
And he did pretty well i guess
XD
wait imma message him
Sorn: lisa wait...
Lisa: huh?
Why???
Sorn: did you see the comments?
Lisa: no
???
Sorn sent a link

Lisa opened the link and scrolled through the many comments. No.... A lot of the comments had Bambam's name in it. And they said almost the same thing

Why on earth do they have Bambam in this
Got7 is too much...they already had Yugyeom join before tsk
Isn't it a shame that Bambam is in here? He's not even a main dancer
They should have just let others join than bambam. There are other groups who need recognition as well

Oh no... this is bad. Lisa quickly closed the app and dialed Bambam's number. Three rings, four, and no answer.

Lisa: BAMBAMMMMMM SUPPP DID YOU SEE THE TEASER???
Bammmmm u there
Hey bam?

It's been 10 minutes and Lisa started to get worried and was about to call him when a notification came.

Bam: sup
Yeah i saw it
Lisa: and?
Bam: it was pretty cool
We did good haha
Lisa: I KNOW RIGHT!! HAHAHAHAHA
Bam?
You okay?
Bam: yeah of course why wouldn't i be lol
I need to go we have a schedule before practice
Lisa: oh ok
See you at the shoot!!
Seen

Lisa decided to focus on practice for the remaining two days till the shoot but she can't help but think about Bambam. Normally he would answer within two rings if he can help it, and his texts were usually enthusiastic to the point where you can hear him shouting from your screen. I guess he really was affected, Lisa thought sadly. It's been such a long time since Lisa saw Bambam get hurt. They maybe childhood friends but Bambam has his hyungs now to cry or rant to about difficult times. Whenever they'd meet it feels like all Bambam want to show her was his happy side. Him always being there to cheer her on or tease her. Which was why she was scared to face him at the shoot because she doesn't know if she can take it.

She stopped the music and wiped her sweat. She saw her reflection in the mirror. Her tired face slowly lifted. But this time...I'll be the one to cheer him on, she said to herself, determined.

"Bam!" She tackled Bambam at the back. It was shooting day and just like before they were early. Only the staffs were there so they were the first casts to arrive at the dressing room. "Ah! Ah! You're so heavy!" Bambam tried to pry her arms off of him but to no avail.

"I knew you were close but not that close." J-hope walked in and dropped his things at the nearby table.

This surprised both of them. "Uh..noo- uhm..." a frustrated Lisa tried to say. Her grip on Bambam loosened and Bambam was able to break free from her. "Hey hyung." He smiled but not as brightly as before. Lisa knew he was trying to keep it light.

"Hello J-hope sunbae-nim" she greeted the newcomer with a tinge of blush remaining on her cheeks. "Just call me Hoseok," he smiled back at her. "Ah yes, Hoseok-ssi."

Bambam started talking to J-hope just as everyone started to arrive. She wanted to talk to Bambam for a while just to make sure he's ok, but he seems to be holding up well.

Once everyone arrived, a staff came in and and gave them 15 mins to prepare till they're called onstage for a short briefing and a quick run through. Seulgi poked Lisa's shoulder and looked from Bambam to her then rose an eyebrow as if asking. Lisa knew what she meant, she just didn't know she was that obvious. "I'm- I-m just worried." She answered with a sigh.

Seulgi gave a bitter smile, "I saw. It'll be alright. He seems strong."

"Yeah...he is." She smiled back.

"Hello once again!" Heechul greeted them. "Today we have a special guest who will be helping out with the judges so I hope you guys give your all for today." He tried to cheer us up mouthing 'fighting' with his fists in front of his face.

Great. Like we wanted more pressure today.

"...today's theme for Hit the Stage season 2's very first challenge is 'Name.' So let us all cheer as our challengers introduce themselves to us through the power of dance!" Lisa could hear the cheers after Heechul called out the first contestant when she went out to get a breather. This is a mistake I shouldn't have gone out, she thought nervously. But when she went inside the panic and rush of staffs and casts were more if not just as overwhelming.

Lisa was right after Bambam and everyone else were already out there. Bambam's fingers were fidgeting and his eyebrows was furrowed. "Hey..." Lisa said as she sat in the seat in front of him. "You'll do great." She tried to reassure him but he just smiled a little and nodded.

"Bambam?" A staff called for him and he stood up but stopped when Lisa grabbed his arm.

"Go show them what you're made of." She wanted to say more but she didn't know how to word it, but it was enough. A smile slowly creeped into his. It was still small but it was genuine.

A/N: welp not gonna get into details with the other dancers since they're not the focus of the fic it's definitely just going to be bamlisa's routines I'll be talking the most about whenever i do get into it.