chap 2

It has been half a year already since she got to dance with him on the same stage. Half a year since she's been curious about him. Did he notice that I didn't say his name when they asked who I was close with in the interview? Did he even know we had one? Does he even want to know?

She doesn't always crush on people whom she works with. The last time...was a long time ago? Sunbaes are different. She admires them, of course but it's not the same. She doesn't think it's an actual crush or 'like', but she is curious. Quite curious. Or at least she thinks it's only that. She hope it's only that.

December 2016

"Hi my name is Ten." A hand reached out to her.

"Hi I'm-"

"Lisa." He finished. "Thai, right?" He smiled.

"Uh yes, why'd you a-"

"Time for practice!" The choreographer, Mr. Kim, motioned the idols in front of the mirror.

Lisa felt all giddy. It was her first time collaborating on stage with so many idols. And they all debuted before blackpink. She's a friendly person but she is shy around strangers. She looked around and felt dizzy. So many sunbaes....

"Hey, are you okay?" Someone said. It was Seulgi. She really is prettier in real life.

"Oh! Uhm...y-yeah. I'm fine!" She said trying to keep calm. "I'm Lisa of blackpink!" She bowed.

Seulgi laughed. "I know. I'm pretty sure everyone knows about yg's only girl group." Lisa blushed. "Anyways, let's be friends, ok? Just call me unnie," Seulgi added to which Lisa beamed at.

Lisa felt ecstatic. She barely knew anyone and now-

Just as Lisa was deep in thought, two guys walked in. "We're so sorry we're late, sir." Jinyoung said. It was barely audible but she heard him whisper "this is your fault!" to the other guy. She couldn't help but let out a quiet chuckle as the boys tried to bicker without being noticed. Then they saw her. "Oh, Lisa-ssi!" Yugyeom shouted excitedly. The choreographer frowned at them making Lisa wish the floor would open up and swallow her whole. Just as when she was making new friends...

"Oh, hi Jinyoung-ssi and Yugyeom-ssi." She wasn't sure if she could've said oppa, this thought made her blush. She may be friends with Bambam, and they may be friends with him as well, but that does not mean that she and the guys were close. She didn't even think they've actually spoken to each other yet.

"You can call me oppa- but only if you're comfortable with it!" Jinyoung said, flustered after realizing how weird it was to say that when they're not even that close. "Ah, yes," was the only reply she can think of. The exchange made Yugyeom laugh, drawing the others' attention towards them.

The choreographer, probably sick of the noise made by the many idols, called out to them once again for the official beginning of practice. "Okay let's start with the boys!" The girls made a collective sigh of relief as they sat down and cheered for the boys. "But before that...let's see what they've got," he smiled mischievously, and the cheers grew louder.

Jinyoung and Yugyeom danced first. Almost everyone knew what they could offer and how good they were when they do. What really made them curious was the other guy.

"That was great!" Mr. Kim praised. "Ten?" Ten stood up and walked to the middle. The choreographer played the music, and it started. Everyone- at least that's what Lisa thought as she was too focused to actually look around- was speechless. The music was a hiphop song yet he was able to move fluidly without looking out of place. There was nothing too awkward or too exaggerated with his movements. He was amazing.

"That was really great for a rookie, Ten. Well done!" Mr. Kim said after stopping the music. "What about the girls?" One by one they were called, and one by one Lisa felt more even more nervous. "That was amazing, Yooa. Lisa, you're next."

She was shaking as her foot went in front of the other. It felt like hours have gone by before she reached the middle. Everyone was resting and wiping the sweat off their faces but when the music played, their eyes went to Lisa. This isn't that special. Everyone else was focused when the others danced so don't be nervous, Lisa. A second have gone by and her brain froze. Move, Lisa. Dance. Just dance! She closed her eyes and when she opened them, only her reflection was staring back at her. Her body flowed as freely as the music. Her feet moved with every beat. She was in her element- she had nothing to worry about.

A bead of sweat flowed down from her forehead before she realized that the music was done, yet her heart was still racing. Her eyes caught another's. A second passed, and he smiled. Her panting went to an abrupt halt. She didn't know what was happening around her. She felt as if her eyes was frozen. "Another rookie with great skills!" Said Mr. Kim. This took her out of her reverie and forced her to shift her gaze. She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in for so long.

--------------------------------------

A/N: writing longer chapters a hundred words at a time 😆