Eight

(Thank you for the reads and votes!! Please comment your opinion on what you think of the story so far!!
Stay safe.
Be kind.
🖤🖤 )
Be were of a small time jump...) (just to move the story along... :)

🦋.                                                         🦋

Molly stood. Her head tilted to the ground. Her eyes watch as her short heels sink into the muddy grass.
She can feel the small droplets of rain as it falls onto her shoulders and teary face. A simple cliché for times like these, it's almost become necessary for it to rain on days like these.

Beside her, her brothers all stand, black suits and ties complete with nice dress shoes that they only wear for special occasions. But did this really count as one?

Behind her, anyone that's ever known Sally May Denver stood and grieved with her children and husband, who stood behind a stand and talked. But if you asked what he said she wouldn't be able to tell you.

She could hear Bryce's cry's. She knew it was him. She knew because he was the only one who's cry's could be heard.

Little Marlee was being held by Sawyer. Her head in her usual spot, the crook of his neck. Her tears could be felt on his shoulder.

The Denver children, mostly Molly, wished this soon would be over. She's had enough of crying and having people come up to her and her brothers saying how sorry they were that this had happened, how she was a good woman and never deserved this.

Their father, once done his speech, walked down and around to stand beside his oldest son.

They together watched as the cassette lowered into the ground.

🦋

At the house, there were a few people who lingered around. Friends of David's and colleagues who payed their respects.
Olivia being one of them as she and Molly put away the frozen lasagna's and casserole's.

The two girls were quiet as they did so.

"Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sally will be greatly missed. However I cannot wait for Sawyer to be joining us later this month."

Molly looks up, a man in a suit was talking with her father. They shook hands and David ushered him out.

Molly shares a look with Olivia. The girls only to continue to put away food and such. But once they were done, Olivia gave her best friend one last hug before she felt she had to go.