Day 3

Today was our first official date, the whole day me and Rivaan were going to spend together.

The political science exam which was to be held on monday got canceled because our principal's son died in a car accident and she declared Monday as a holiday which didn't make sense. She could have just taken a week off from school why give everybody off. Oh yes may her son's soul rest in peace. Well not that I mind sitting at home chilling, reading my favorite books and textbooks, plus annoy Ro till she gets so mad she decides to throw me out my 11th floor's balcony but this wasn't going to be the scene now. All because of monday the school remaining closed I have to spend my whole day with Rivaan Arora because now I couldn't use the excuse 'oh I have to study for the exam I have on Monday'.

Satisfied with my makeup and hair Ro finally gave me a thumbs up and said "now you are ready to go girl, today he just won't be tired of complimenting you."
"In my dreams" I murmured to myself and checked myself in the mirror.
Oh my gosh!! Is that me in my baby pink flannel shirt and shorts?? I couldn't believe I was looking gorgeous with that highlighted nose, blushy cheeks, pink lips, beautifully done eyes and the braided hairstyle.
"Thank you so much Ro " I couldn't help grinning.
"You're welcome sweetheart" she bowed.
"But hey you remember na what you have to say if papa cross checks?" I confirmed. I was lying to my father today to go on the date as he would have never allowed me to go if he was home today. Yesterday night papa was informed he has to go Mumbai for some urgent meeting which is fours hours away from Pune where we stay. He left early in the morning apologising for this sudden departure. I did feel bad that there was only one day in the whole week where we got to spend sometime with each other and this day also he had to be busy with his work. Although ever since maa left papa has become all distant and silent so did I but we had different reasons. He missed maa a lot just didn't showed that much and I didn't. It wasn't that hard for me to get over my mother's death because I know what got her killed and she deserved it. The thing which was the most tough was seeing my papa breaking bit by bit everyday. Losing his charm and cheerfulness, so did I. I didn't care much about myself ever, I loved my father the most. I couldn't bear to see him in so much pain. This made me really sad, watching me be so worried about my father, it made him try to move on with his life only for me. I loved his courage and care for me so I tried my level best to be the best kid he ever had. From then on, even if papa didn't go back to the same old papa he was ten years back I saw him struggling less with living and kept remembering maa as a beautiful memory. As for me I decided to follow the belief of never having a mother.
"Ofcourse nats don't worry I got your back. He won't know anything, just be back by 5 pm."
"Yes for sure."
I hugged her tight and left.

Sitting in his posh car I felt my head bursting because of the smell of this stupid lavender.
I didn't complain today neither did he compliment me. He looked at me, nodded, then went inside the car. Sitting beside me Rivaan explaining to me today's schedule and what we both will be doing together. I knew for a fact it won't be fun because Diya was going to be there too with her Australian boyfriend. The sole reason why Rivaan was taking me out today. If it was not for my father's sake I would have never agreed to all this bullshit. As I said before I loved my father the most in the world I could even kill for him be it who so ever. Just the thought somebody hurting my father made me go crazy and I would want to choke that person to death. Right now the person who has the most destructive weapon to hurt my father is sitting right beside me. I could just push him out of the car or strangle him with my scarf. This won't help because even if he is dead he is too smart to let me go off just like that, not only will he make sure my truth is exposed to my father but also would put me behind bars. Murdering him is not an option now that he knows my most darkest secret. I understood finally diplomacy was better than violence but I didn't choose to be diplomatic ten years back, I chose to kill instead. I was just a kid back then. Only a small girl of six years.