CHAPTER IV

Zion kept glancing at the watch on his wrist from time to time. It had been the first him in his forever vampire that he wanted time to pass faster than he could say bugger. When he and Jasper had left the school, he had been on the edge of his seat. He wasn't excited for what is coming. He wasn't excited about what's going to happen. He isn't excited about going to Jasper Hale's house and meet the boy's parents. No. He wasn't excited. Not even a little bit.  He was actually nervous as hell. This was his first time going over to someone else's home. Sure he and the rest of his family travel to other countries from time to time but that never meant he made friends who he hang out with in their home. No. He never even went to school like the other three. He always requested to do online classes instead. He was glad that Natasha never questioned him knowing he wouldn't tell them.

    Zion glanced back at the screen of the Asus laptop. He glanced at the word count and was glad that he and Jasper had reached more than 3000 words. He scrolled up and down and nodded to himself. They had finished two and a half pages during the time they were here. Zion looked up when he saw Jasper came in after the boy left to use the loo, even though he knows that's utter shite. His hearing and smell is enhanced, more enhanced than theirs. He heard Jasper leave for a quick hunt while Esme had once came in to hand him snacks. Esme Cullen was a lovely woman, a great mother. She was different from Natasha. While Esme was warm and caring Natasha was stoic and strict. Though he couldn't exactly compare them since Natasha shows her affection differently from others. Natasha, ever since he first met his mother she had always been cold, stoic, and strict. She didn't show affection openly like her sister and cousin did.

    She expresses her emotions differently whenever among others, people she didn't trust, because she wanted people to see her as someone who is powerful. She doesn't like it whenever people look at her like some fragile lady that should be handles with utmost care. No. She wanted people to see her as a strong independent woman who could stand on the top. She dismissed the criticism and petty worries people had given her and instead continued to move forward with her work. She was a woman like no other. She wasn't your typical mother who would pamper you and spoil you. No. She would watch from afar as you learn things alone and would only step in when you really need it. She was a mother that not everyone would understand. She was someone who would be hated for the way she treats her children.

    Who are they to judge her? None of her children have ever complained so what made them think of her as a cruel woman?

    "How are you doing with the essay?" Zion hummed. "We only need a few more words to finally reach three pages then we're done." Jasper slid in the chair that was beside him and hummed as he checked the essay. "I think I can handle the rest." Jasper said as he glanced at the time in the laptop. "Its still early. Do you wanna leave now or ..." Jasper trailed as he glanced at his mate. Zion gave him a blank look and Jasper had to prevent himself from laughing. "You are going to finish that while I wait. I'm gonna check what you typed in before leaving. Knowing David, he'd be able to tell who typed what." Jasper rose an eyebrow at him. "Really?" Zion rolled his eyes. "How many times have you said that word? And yes, really. He has a habit of looking up at our old essay papers and criticise it." Jasper hummed as he pulled the laptop to him and began typing. "And what does he usually say about your essay?" Zion groaned as he leaned back on the chair. "He says I sound like some historian or sometimes I sound like a nerd. There are some words he usually have to look up in the dictionary because he didn't understand them. My punctuations were too diligent, I don't know what he meant by that. And that the overall is that it usually looked like a page torn right out of a book or something like that." Zion explained unconscious relaxing himself around the other teen.

    The thing about Zion's gift, cloaking, can often be tricky. As the name implies, he can cloak his presence, emotions, thoughts and his entire being. To do this, he has to have a strong mental capacity in order to keep them up as long as he wants. He also has to keep his temper in check, along with a few emotions that would affect his ability. His ability expands to others and would still be working even if they're far away from him. His cloaking ability has no limits. The first time he used his cloaking was on his thoughts. Jayden could read minds like Edward but is a little different in some perspective. He trained with Jayden then moved to training with Nova then Serenity. Training with Serenity was exhausting because she had perfect control of her ability. It took him three years to finally perfect his gift. With perfect control of his gift, he was invulnerable. He no longer had to worry about being sensed by people or being vulnerable in front of others when he could easily cloak his emotions. The only downside is that if he ever loses his temper or relaxes, his ability stops working.