Clary looked down at it, a soft smile on her face as she looked at the familiar article of clothing before she nodded. "Yeah, he had grabbed my wrist and ripped it off. I didn't even think to get it, I just got on my horse and left." Grabbing the bandana and cuff from her, he pocketed the extra fabric before untying it to reveal a small pocket along the flat strip of older leather bonded with the new. Inside, she saw the smallest of blades, that and the cuff being a gift form her mentor. "We didn't tell Deanna about it, since it's technically a weapon. But I thought you'd want to have something familiar." As Glenn stepped away, her eyes met his. "I know that I can't help you when you're out there, not that you need it, but this gives me some peace of mind that you'll be able to get yourself out of a tough spot if you have this concealed." Tying it around her wrist, the braided parts of it making it seem like a normal bracelet, similar to the one Millie had given her on the same wrist, she felt that sense of familiarity. She looked to Glenn, letting out a shaky breath before a small smile overtook her face. "You don't know how much this means to me, truly. Thank you." Glenn nodded, a soft smile on his face. "You just stay safe out there, okay?" Clary nodded, stepping away from the man before bringing her hand up to her chest. Glenn watched as she held a finger to her heart, tracing an x-shape over it. "Will do, cross my heart. Don't get into too much trouble without me, okay?" Letting out a laugh, Glenn nodded. "I'll try, cross my heart." The girl smiled as he made the same x-motion over his heart, the motion becoming a promise to each other not just that day but bonding them in a way that ran deeper than they thought.

As Clary walked out, Glenn waited a beat before going onto the porch to see her walk down the steps. She looked back, giving a small wave before turning back to her destination again. He was surprised when Maggie made her way outside, following his gaze as she placed her head on his shoulder. "She headed out already?"
Maggie asked, to which Glenn nodded. "Yeah," Glenn replied, to which Maggie smiled softly as she watched the girls fading silhouette. "She'll be okay, you know? She's not like anyone we've ever met. That kid is a lot stronger than she should be, but it'll keep her safe." Glenn nodded, looking over to his wife before wrapping an arm around her. He let out a deep sigh as true thought about how he truly felt for the young girl. "I know I'm probably idiotic for how much I care about her in the little time we've got to know her but- she's not just some kid." Glenn paused for a moment, his eyes on the path she had taken. "She's going to change the way we see things. She's already making me realize that a past doesn't define you and I— I don't know how she can do that." Maggie smiled softly. "A kid can make you see a lot more than you realize. But you'll have that time with her, and I think maybe she'll see you as the one man she never got to have in her life." Glenn looked to his wife, surprise in his eyes before he looked away. "As long as she can see you as the woman figure that she never had, I'll be okay. I'll be happy with the family we'll have." A smile came upon his face. "Is it crazy—" Maggie let out a soft chuckle, shaking her head at her husbands doubt. "Not at all. I think now, we don't choose who comes into our lives and makes an impact. I don't think we choose who has that great of an effect on us, because I think they're meant to come for a reason." Glenn nodded softly before the two looked towards the long figure of the girl they had been speaking about before heading back into the home.

Towards the front of Alexandria, Clary was surprised to see a car already parked at the front gate, Carl leaning against it with Deanna and Rick close by. She saw Rick speaking sternly to his son until the young girl approached, giving a small nod in greeting. "Morning, Rick," Clary greeted the man who returned it with a nod as he looked at the girl. "Morning, Clary. I was just telling my son that you two need to have each others backs out there. I know you aren't going far but—" Carl clenched his jaw, moving away from his father. "Dad, we'll be fine. You don't need to worry," Rick looked between the two teenagers before nodding, pulling his son into a hug. As he pulled away from the boy, he gave Clary a stern look, saying all he needed to in the second long gaze, to which she nodded before turning to Deanna.