Just Another Fight

School.

        I hate it.

        Every day we go through the same old routine. My mom wakes me up in whatever way she can; water to the face, blasting music, beating pots and pans together or whatever other way she comes up with, and forces me to get ready to go to school and everyday I tell her I want to quit school and do music. Which then ended with me doing the same old episode of kicking-and-screaming.

        Of course it never actually works so I get up and come to this hell that most people call school. I am a rapper and a music producer in my head, but I’ve never actually got to do anything more than write a few songs on my computer. I want to audition for a company and become a trainee so I can debut but I can’t do that when I’m at school almost 24 hours a day. So I go to school, I sit at my desk and I pretend I know what the teacher is talking about when really all I want to do is go home and work on my music.

        Today of course is no different. My mom woke me up by pouring ice cold water straight on my face. I sat straight up in my bed, whine my daily excuse not to go and my mom just simply told me to get ready or I was going to be late. I groaned, but at least I tried and dried off my face before putting on my dark gray uniform that made my whole day seem even worse than usual.

        The walk to school was always the same, very lonely. I didn’t have friends because I really wasn’t a very good student or a very good person you could say. I just never thought it was necessary to go out of my way to be nice to people, so most of the time I was alone and I was okay with it.

        When I finally get to school the old brick building has kids running around to get to class on time. Just seeing the sight of the building and kids made me sick to my stomach. Such idiots. I think to myself as I watch them all. I look at the time and realize class is going to start in ten minutes. I let out a big sigh and start to walk in no rush, but rather slow towards the big open front doors that seem to say come inside to your doom.

        Just as I’m walking up the front steps someone runs into me from behind and knocks me over making me fall on my butt. “What the heck do you think you’re doing!” I scream at whoever hit me. I look back and see a girl sitting on the ground crying those big tears that all girls seem to have. All her books were scattered all over the in the hallway as she sat there crying, shuffling all her fallen stuff in one pile. I just look at her for a second before I realize I had just made another girl cry.

        For some reason girls hate me and I always seem to make them cry. Maybe it’s because I simply just don’t care too much for girls. They always seem to whine to guys to get their way and bat their pretty little eyes. Some guys fall into their trap but to me it just think it’s rather disgusting.

        Just as I’m getting ready to apologize to the girl who was still crying on the floor, someone comes up behind the girl who was still on the floor. He has white hair that looks like it took him hours to style and fix and his uniform looks perfectly pressed and ironed.  

        “Yoongi, do you always go out of your way to make girls cry or does it just come naturally?” he smirks, looks up at me then I realized who this jerk was. Namjoon. Straight A student and the smartest guy in the whole school. He was a real pain in the butt, and arrogant to you if you didn’t fit in his group. Everyone seemed to love him and tried everything to be his friend or should I say servants, well except me of course.

        He bends over to help the girl off the ground and she thanks him awkwardly and runs past me into a classroom. I look back at Namjoon and see him studying me. This kid must think I’m a work of art or something from the way he’s staring at me. Whatever his problem is it’s too early in the morning to get in another fight.

        “Yoongi. Try not to trip anymore girls okay?” I curl my hands into fists at my sides and try to hold my anger in. I can’t get into another fight. I demanded at myself. He then raised one eyebrow. I guess he smelled my anger because he began to tease me just to see how far I would go.

        “You know if you’re that desperate to get a girl’s attention, you can’t go around tripping them.” He then took a step forward closer to where I was standing. “Aw, are you going to cry now little Yoongi? Just from a girl’s rejection?” He spat at my face which made me even more furious. “Just go home, and write your stupid little raps in your crappy little studio. You don’t belong here anyways..” Namjoon had finished what he was saying and was waiting patiently for a comeback from me. I’ll give him a comeback alright.

        I took my fist and punched him in his ugly jerk face. He staggered back and blood started rushing out his nose. My hand was prepared for another blow even if it was throbbing in pain. He just stood there for a few seconds and touched his nose where I had hit him. He looked at the blood covering his hands. “You son of a...”

        Namjoon, blazing with fury, comes right back at me and punches me across the jaw. Pain immediately explodes through my head and I stagger a bit before charging at him, wrapping my arms around his waist and knocking him to the ground. We roll around and land several punches on each other before a teacher rushes out of the building to try and pull us apart.

        Eventually I let myself be pulled off Namjoon and the teachers immediately started walking me towards the principal's office. I can not tell you how many times I’ve been to his office. Everything is brown and boring and when you sit down in the fancy leather seats they make this horrible squeaking noise. When I get to the office I don’t even bother to sit down I just stand in front of his desk and wait for whatever punishment I’ll get this time around.

        “Min Yoongi. Do you know how many fights you’ve gotten into this year alone?” He looks at me like I’m suppose to know but who keeps track of stuff like that. “Ten. You’ve been in ten fights this year and it’s not even half way through the school year yet. I’ve run out of punishments for you. I’ve had you 50 laps around the track, I’ve had you hold push up position until I thought you were going to pass out, you’ve cleaned the entire school and I just don’t know what will fix your problem.”

        Problem? My problem? The only problem I have is that people think just because I sleep a lot and don’t actually do my work that I’m not going to fight them back. I already said I’m not a nice person so it’s not my fault people want to fight me. Sure I know all the skills to calm down like count to ten and breath or think of something else but I don’t see the point in things like that.

        “The only thing I have left for you to do is community service. Three days of the week for the rest of the school year I want you to do community service with Song Minji. She’s one of our best students and maybe she’ll be able to straighten you out.” He picks up the phone on his desk and calls someone. A few minutes later someone walks in and says Minji is waiting outside.

        The principal looks at me and I can tell he thinks I’m going to hurt her or something. “Go discuss with Miss Song Minji about the kind of community service you two will be doing and Yoongi, make sure you don’t hurt her.”

        I hold in my anger and quickly walk out of the office. I hate that man so much. Community service! So not only do I have to come to this hell hole of a place called school, now I have to work after school to make him think I’m “being straightened out”. What does that even mean.

        When I reach the main part of the office I see a girl sitting in a chair and I assume that it must be Minji. I walk over to her and when she looks up at me her eyes get really wide and fill with surprise. I realized my life was just going to get even worse than I thought it was. Minji is the girl I made cry this morning and I don’t think she’s going to try and make my community service any easier.