Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

I nod; "And do you think she'll convert for you?" I ask again.

"I don't think- I know she will, she loves me." He says.

"And you do?"

"Affirmative."

I smiled at him, patting his shoulders i said; "I wish you all the best bro, i will pray for you in shaa Allah, May He choose whatever that's khair for the both of you." And he hug me, i hugged him back, "What will i do without your prayers." He asks jokingly.

"Die. You'll die bro." I said and we both chuckle.

And with that we just sat on our beds using our phones, i miss home.

We barely have 7 months left to finish our degree, who would have thought?

By Allah i wasn't even joking when i said time flies,

A knock on our door interrupted my thoughts, i look at Arman hoping he would be kind enough to open the door but the just shrug his shoulders with a smirk and continue using his phone.

I shake my head and stood up to open the door, and no, i am not crying- you are.

There by the door stood my girl with a basketball shape cake in her hands, her friends behind her, almost 5 of 'em.

I shift to the side to allow them in, don't tell me y'all don't know that tomorrow is my 21st birthday, yes 21, i said it earlier and I'll say it again now,

TIME FLIES,

"Can we be halal already? I really wanna hug you." I said to Nihal walking closer to her, she smells super nice, it's— calming?

She giggles; "Haram bro." Arman spoke from his bed.

"Happy birthday in advance mate." Abbakar says patting my shoulder, "If it's tomorrow then why surprise him today?" Molly asks Norah; "Duh." Was her reply and i am struck by her beauty.

Subahanallah, Allah is indeed the Greatest, Masha Allah look at her, so beautiful, so calm, so, so, so perfect.

I'm losing my mind.

"Samir?" Ray calls amusingly holding my camera,

I'm sure he has seen Norahs unlooking pictures.

I still hate people, i huff, grabbing my camera from his hold,

I took yet another picture of her and Ray winks at me, i took the picture of the basketball shaped cake, we took group pictures.

As unbelievable as it may sound, i like all of them, they made my stay here worth it, and i couldn't be more grateful that i met them.

"Thank you so much guys, i really appreciate." I smiled widely at them and they flash me a smile.

I walk towards my girl who is sitting on my bed;

My girl?

Who would have thought?

And, no, we aren't official, i don't even know what we are, she confessed more than i can count, i didn't yet.

Coward? Probably!

But i am done lying to myself now, i definitely know that I feel something for her, what is it?

I don't know.

But i love the feeling, she makes me happy.

"Nihal." I called softly, she looks up from her phone, and i almost, for a split second got lost in her mesmerizing beautiful brown eyes.