Me: Anaya didn't I tell you not to talk to strangers?! Come on let's go.

I said before scooping her up not even giving the stranger a second look.

Abel pov
I watched as the little girl waved and her mom snatched her hand down. For some reason I felt connected to her and her mom looked so familiar...her mom was bad as fuck. She looked mixed with Asian and Black. Had long hair down to her waist, and her body was ridiculous shit Nicki better watch out. That's not what got my attention though, her sharp gray eyes with flecks of green. Damn she was beautiful. I've never met anyone with such eyes....except Tyla. I shook the thought out my head...it couldn't be her. I grabbed my shit and walked out, I was gonna be late.

Tyla pov

I walked into my building with Anaya following behind. My assistant scurried over to me.

Me: Hey Mariam.

Mariam: Hi Miss. Gold. You have a meeting in 5 minutes.

Me: Ok thank you.

I was a big Fashion designer here in Canada and well pretty much every where. Most people think I get other people to do the work but I've worked hard for all the shit I have and I'm gonna still work hard because I never want Anaya to go through the struggle I went through when I was a kid. And a part of me wants to prove that I can do it with out her fathers help. My thoughts were interrupted by my best friend Tyler screaming in my ear.

Me: Ty what's wrong with u?

Tyler: You don't know?!

Me: Obviously not.

Tyler: I can take this meeting for you.

Me: umm...no.

Tyler: Your meeting with the owner of the XO brand.

Me: Ok...

Tyler: The Weeknd.

Me: what about the weekend?

Tyler: No LaLa not the weekend The Weeknd.

Me: Ty I don't know what you're talking about.

Tyler: Abel is The Weeknd and you're meeting with him...now.

I froze dropping my frappe on the floor. I couldn't go through with this meeting. After 3 years I still couldn't face him...not after what he did.

Flashback

I was pinned on the wall looking straight into his eyes. I could see he was pissed but was not backing down I was pissed too.

Me: Do something lil bitch I dare you to! Weak ass pussy ass bitch!

Abel: Tyla shut the fuck up!

He growled in a menacing voice and his eyes were darker. I was scared but I couldn't show it. I was tired of him staying out all night getting high fucking bitches then coming back like it was A ok. Just thinking about it made my blood boil.

Tyla: Just admit it you're a bitch and you're not gonna do shit. You might as well stop acting tough and let me go. You not gonna put you hands on me Abel...or maybe you will, you are just like your father.

I sneered. I could see him snap. I fucked up now. He raised his hand and I flinched back. I could see his eyes soften but then harden again. He chuckled dryly and started punching me over and over. I fought back. For a long time we went at it both getting a hit in, then finally he cornered. His hands wrapped around my neck tighter as I struggled to breathe.

Me: Abel stop! I'm sorry stop!

Abel: I thought I couldn't do shit to you right?!

Me: Baby stop please! I'm pregnant!

I felt his grip loosen.

Abel: Your what?!

Me: Pregnant.

He let me go. I slid down on to the floor and watched as he grabbed his keys and walked out not even giving me a second look.

End of flashback

The memories hit me like a truck. I tried so hard to forget. I can never get a break. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

Tyler: Are you ok?

Me: yup...lets get this over with. Ty please take Anaya with you and get someone to clean this shit up.

I said pointing to my frappe that was on the floor.
I bent down till I was at Anaya's level and gave her a kiss and hug.

Me: Anaya your gonna go with Auntie Ty. When I'm done ill get you and we can go get ice cream.

Anaya: ok bye mommy.

I watched as she grabbed Tyler's arm and dragged her away. I went into my office got some files and went into the conference room. As soon as I walked in all eyes were on me but only one person had my attention.

Me: Abel.

I whispered.

Abel: Tyla.

He whispered.