"What did you take?" He asks me with concern in his voice, rather than anger.

"Uh, your switchblade. Here," I said, handing it back to him.

"Keep it. You obviously stole it for a reason, keep it." He said, with a slight smile that made my heart flutter.

"Who are you?" Archie asked.

"I'm Y/n L/n, I sit behind you in history." 

"Well Y/n, do you want to go to Pop's with us?" Jughead offered.

"I don't have any money."

"You're a pickpocket, but you don't have any money?"

"I had a bunch, buy my dad took it all" I laughed

"Well then, it's our treat." 

~1 month later~

From: Juggie🍔:

Wanna hang out? I'm just at the trailer, being bored. Come over.

I laugh to myself and grab my bag, heading over to my best friends house. We've come a long way in the past month. I robbed him, now we're best friends. I knock on the trailer door and F.p Jones, Jughead's dad, opens the door.

"Oh hey Y/n, come in." 

"Thanks Mr. Jones" I throw my bag down next to the couch and plop down next to Jughead.

"So what are we doing today? Watching a movies, playing games, going to Pop's?" I asked him, stealing the bowl of pretzels from his lap.

"I'm not sure. We could go see what's going on at the Wyrm." Jughead's a serpent. I always thought that the serpents were just a bunch of drug dealing thugs, turns out they're actually pretty cool. I've hung with the serpents on multiple occasions, even becoming friends with a few. 

"Yeah sure." I got up from the couch and walked out the trailer door. We started the short walk to the bar, a comfortable silence forming between us. The truth is, I've never been happier. I have friends now, I've been doing better in school, and I quit pickpocketing (for the most part). I finally feel like I have a place, and I owe it all to Jughead. 

"Juggie, I've been thinking." I said quietly,

"About?"

"I want to be a serpent." I answered quickly. He stopped walking and turned to face me.

"No"

"Why? I just want to be a part of this."

"I don't want you getting hurt." He said, slightly smiling. I felt my heart melt at his concern, I've developed a small crush on him, though I don't want to ruin our friendship.

"Please!" I pouted.

"Even if I said yes, you would have to do the initiation tasks, which I don't want you doing."

"What do I have to do?"

"You have to take care of Hotdog, the serpent's mascot, then recite all of the laws. Then you have to retrieve the knife from a rattlesnake cage, oh yeah and then the girls have to strip in a crowded bar." I was beyond confused and disgusted. 

"See, you're not doing it."

"I'm doing it. And you can't stop me." He shook his head in defeat.

(I'm not writing the 'dance')

~After the dance~

I stepped off the stage, everyone clapping and cheering my name. I made my way to the back of the bar, over to Jughead who looked embarrassed. We stood in awkward silence, considering the fact that I just danced in lingerie in front of an entire bar of people. 

"You did great. It was just really weird and uncomfortable seeing you dance in front of all these people." He said, putting his jacket over my shoulders, it smelled just like him.

"Y/n! You did amazing. Come on, I'll get you a celebratory drink." Toni yelled from behind the bar. I laughed and walked over to her, sitting on one of the stools, Jughead taking the one next to mine.

"Y/n! Great job." Fangs said, walking over with Sweet Pea. I've become close friends with the four of them, even though I wasn't a serpent. We sat and chatted for a while, enjoying each other's company. Jughead leans over to me and says quietly,

"You're such a thief" 

"I didn't steal anything!" I say defensively.

"You stole my heart." I blushed, laughing shyly. He took the opportunity to kiss me. His lips were soft against mine. I pulled away, smiling at the boy.

"Aw, that's cute." Toni says, interrupting our moment. I laugh and turn to Jughead who is face is red from blushing. 

Maybe being a thief isn't so bad after all.