i

(a/n: HIGHLY FICTIONAL)

alfie.

Time to get lost. I've had enough stress and pressure in my life. My parents have been fighting for 2 months straight about the most senseless stuff in the world, and my sister's in a sorority that highly influences her to do things that aren't meant to be done. Next thing to hate is college. I didn't decide the course I am taking because my parents wanted to continue the legacy of being a doctor. But after seeing how they've been acting lately, I have no idea if I am inspired to continue their dream.

"Mom, Dad." I said interrupting their small argument while eating dinner. "I'm going somewhere for the semestral break."

"Aren't you going to study in ad-"

"Please." I said, interrupting my mom. "I need some space to reflect on things."

By looking at their faces, they didn't seem to agree. So, I stood up and walked to my room without finishing my food. I just sat in my bed and looked at all the things I have packed. That's until someone called me by the door.

"Hey." Of course, it was my sister.

"Hey." I replied to her and looked at her. She looked so tired and it feels like she just got home.

"So, I see that you're planning to leave but... Let me guess, Did Mom and Dad stop you?"

"Kind of."

"Nevermind them. Look at how I went. I have such liberation now, and I feel happy. But wait,, are you leaving us? For real?"

"Nah. Just going to have a vacation. You know, to reflect on things. I have just been too stressed."

"Well, give me a hug, and leave now. If that's what you want, I'll support it. Besides, you do look like you're going to die any moment because of stress because I am sure as hell you didn't like your course."

"Well," I said dragging the last consonants of the word. Then, I stood up and hugged her. "Thanks for supporting me, Sis."

"Not a problem, Alfie. C'mon go now. You might not get tickets for the train."

"How did you know I was taking a train? I could've taken a bus or something."

"Because in our whole existence, I have familiarized your mode of transportation which is the train." 

We both laughed and then hugged each other again, and left my room. I went downstairs to see my mom and dad looking at me from the living room as I go down. After looking at me for sometime, Mom looked at my dad and started an argument that he was the reason why I am leaving this house. 

I'm tired of this. I have experienced this everyday after University. So, I went straight to the door and called for a cab.

-

I've reached the train station, got a ticket and waited for a train. I sat beside a post because I get tired easily from standing and surprisingly there were a lot of people riding a train. I've observed the surroundings and saw people chatting with each other. I hear a group of students, I suppose, who were excited to go back to their homes for the semestral break. Then, I saw a mother carrying a baby and their ride to the train seemed totally unplanned because the mother only brought a few stuff. Do they even realize that they're going to another side of the country? I started making up stories for each person I see. For example, I see two people who I assume are siblings, because they act like siblings, and one must be going to move to another place and be independent. They're hugging each other and I feel like one is dependent to the other one so they're being emotional. Then-

The arrival of a train distracted my thoughts. So, I quickly stood up, and rushed inside the train to find a seat.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: So, here's the first chapter of "Train Ride". Because of a lot of requests for a sequel in my story "Friend Zoned", and I couldn't think of a way that I could continue the story, I've decided to make a new one. PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG BECAUSE I AM NOT BRITISH. Anyways, hope you liked this. (This was pretty boring, tbh. haha) I will try to post the next chapter when I have nothing to do.