vii

"Zoe, I want to do something new." This is it. It's been a couple of days since she has fainted, and I guess she needs to rest her mind from things. She was like me in a way. Stressed, confused, and hopeless. But right now, I'm about to ask her on a date.

"Like what, Alfie?" she asked me. She was currently on her laptop, watching a movie on Netflix.

"A date?" I asked her. She paused the movie she was watching and looked at me. From that moment on, I actually became very nervous.

"A date?" she asked back but in a much lower tone. She slowly smiled at me and nodded. "Sure, I'll go on a date with you."

"Tomorrow night. Get ready at 6pm. Wear something comfortable. By the way, I'm going out for the day and do you need something?"

"Hm.. Wait for me, maybe? I'd like to go out of the apartment as well. Maybe look for an outfit for tomorrow or actually find a job?"

"Okay then, I'll just drop you off to the mall. Is that good?" she nods at me and I went to my room to get ready for the day out of the apartment.

What was I doing? Could someone tell me what the hell am I doing? I just randomly asked Zoe for a date! I hope it goes well. I have no idea what will happen!

First thing I've thought of happening is to go to an amusement park or something, but that seems pretty crowd-y. Next thing I thought about is to go to the movies, but I honestly find that very boring.

I went downstairs to look for my wallet and my phone, and when I finally found it, I saw Zoe go down the stairs, and she looked amazing as usual. Oh God! This isn't even the date yet. "You ready?" I asked her.

"Yep! I'm finally going shopping. So, you could say I'm totally prepared." she giggled then we went out. Of course, we didn't have a car but I want to thank God that the mall is just a walking distance from our apartment. As soon as we got there, I told my "see you later and text me when you want to go home already" statement and left her in the mall.

Ever since she was out of my sight, and probably found a good store to shop in, I started to panic on what I should be doing on our date. It's the first time I asked Zoe out and I hope it doesn't end up as a failure. My thoughts were fully about our date and I didn't even realize that I need to stop walking until someone dragged me out of the pedestrian lane. "Hey, are you alright?" the person who dragged me ask. I looked at the stoplight of pedestrian walkers and it was red. Oh.

"Hey, I'm fine. Thank you for actually dragging me out of the road. I would've died." I told him

"No problem. You seem to be in a different world. What kept your mind busy?" Just as I was about to speak, the stoplight for the pedestrian lane turned green. "You know what, let's talk about this in Starbucks. I'm Marcus, by the way." I crossed the street with him and both of us went inside Starbucks which was literally across from where we first had a conversation. We ordered our drinks, and found a place to talk to.

"Oh right. I'm Alfie Deyes." I said before I actually start to forget to introduce myself.

"So, Alfie. What seems to be the matter which caused you to almost die for not looking at stoplights?" he asked me.

"Well, I'd tell you but I feel embarrassed about it."

"It's probably not that embarrass-"

"I was thinking of a place where I could take a girl to... You know, a date."

"Okay, that is something embarrassing if they asked what your cause of death was. But hey, I could help you. At least, I have a place but I don't know what you're planning."

"I'm listening."

"There's this place, an open area actually. It's grassy and I suggest you take her there at night because it's like a field and you could look at the stars any time you want to. Take her on a picnic there. Want me to show you where it is?"

I nodded, and our coffee came. Marcus and I chatted a bit more before leaving Starbucks and accompanying me to the place he mentioned. I just had a perfect plan for this date, and that is thanks to a new friend named, Marcus.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I KNOW I SAID I WON'T UPDATE ANYMORE BUT THIS WAS IN THE DRAFTS AND YEAH. THERE'S ALWAYS HOPE.

This chapter turned out very cliche, and short and I am totally sorry for that. Again, it was just placed in my drafts and I've decided to post this.

Also, I'm probably not going to continue this story after this and that's because... Please read the author's not before this.

Yeah! Again, thanks for reading this. x

(SELF PROMOTION: I do YouTube and search me there. I am "BananaNarah" ok that's all.)