ix

Ever since I brought Zoe on a date, we've actually became closer to each other. I was loving it, honestly.

But that's not the only news I have, me and Zoe got jobs now. She works as a hair stylist at a salon near our apartment, and I work as a cashier in a nearby small coffee shop and surprisingly, it's where Marcus works. I also met another dude in the coffee shop, and he was a barista, along with Marcus. He's name is Jim and I must say, he's one cool dude.

Today was a Friday, and it's been a week and a half since Zoe and I left all our worries and started living a different life... Well, it's her who's starting to live a different life. I'm just resting from my academic life. So, to celebrate for our week of survival as individuals, we will be celebrating.

After a long day of interacting with people and giving them their desired coffee, it was finally 5:00 pm. As soon as I fold my apron and put it inside the small locker in our staff room, I heard the bell that was hanging on the door, which probably means someone got inside. I quickly fixed my things and locked the lock of my locker. "Alfie, you're girlfriend's here!" Marcus announced. Good thing there wasn't a single customer at sight, at that moment. But before I could answer, I heard a female's voice that said, "Alfie is not my boyfriend, Marcus! What are you talking about?" I got out of the staff room, and saw Marcus laughing at what Zoe. So, I've decided to butt in their conversation. "Well, yeah. Zoe isn't my girlfriend yet." I looked at Marcus and he was with an "ooh" expression. Then I looked at Zoe and she had the same facial expresion, and I just winked at her. She looks down and smiles in attempt to hide her blushing from me, but I still saw it and thought it was cute. "So, ready to celebrate our one week of independence!" I exclaimed in excitement, and then the both looked at me.

Marcus actually knew what I was talking about. Ever since I started working in this cafe, Zoe knew the people who I worked with and instantly became friends with them. That's the same with me. I knew who she worked with and was instantly friends with them. In this case, Zoe and Marcus got along really well. So, Marcus would come to our apartment if he wanted to hangout with us and the three of us would tell stories about each other. Like, how and why we were at a different place from our hometown. That's how he knew why we were celebrating such a weird occasion.

"Well, uhm... Okay, I guess you two should go have fun now while I continue my shift for the next 5 hours." Marcus finally says.

"Bye Marcus!" Zoe and I told him in sync. With that, we leave to go to the grocery store to buy some food.

-

"Do you have the laptop ready prepared now?" Zoe asked while she places the nachos and salsa on separate bowls.

"Yep! I am so ready now! What movie should we watch first?"

"Go for the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice! I'd like to see a classic first."

"Then, Pride and Prejudice it is!"

Soon, Zoe comes to the living room, places the nachos and salsa on the table beside the laptop, and sits on the couch as I adjust the table closer to the couch. As soon as everything is fixed, I sit down beside Zoe and press the play button for the movie to start. I also grabbed the bowl of nachos and salsa dip, so we could start consuming the food.

After an hour and a half, Zoe and I were positioned in a way where I was laying down with my back on the side of the couch and she was in between my legs and laid down on my stomach. The movie was almost done, and it was the part where Mr. Bingley asks Jane's hand in marriage. Zoe then, comments again on the scene. "Mr. Bingley is such a sweet guy. I would want to have someone like him. He love Jane so much but Jane isn't that expressive and he understands that and- AAH!" She quietly squeals. I just giggled at her for being so adorable as she said the comment. "Got to break it to you, Zoe. But Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet is a better couple than Mr. Bingley and Jane." I told her. She then sits up and pauses the movie, then faces me. "Is not! I'd like to have a relationship like Bingley and Jane's." she argued.

"Is too!" I said with my head getting closer.

"Is not!" she said, with her head getting closer to mine.

"Is too!"

"Is not!" By this time, our lips were inches away from each other and our noses were touching each other's.

"I would argue again but with this view of you, I want to kiss you. I love how beautiful you look, right now. So I'm asking permission if I could-"

Zoe's face softened after being too aggressive over the fact that we are fighting for our OTPs in the movie. Then, she replied, "Kiss me, then."

With that, I placed one of my hands on her cheek and slowly leaned in. She does the same until our lips are attached.

The feeling of kissing was a feeling I haven't felt for a long time. The last time I kissed someone was five years ago, but this kiss was something I would remember. The cliche feeling of sparks and butterflies on stomach was present on me. It took me a while to realize that I've been kissing the girl that I've liked ever since I laid eyes on her in the train station.

Soon, the kiss ended, for we were running out of air. Our lips have detatched but the exchange of loving eye to eye contact hasn't. No one was speaking, and smiles were present on our faces. I, then, decided to break the silence. "I like you a lot, Zoe. That's the only thing I'll tell you for now because maybe you think that I'm rushing. Or maybe you'll hate me after this. Or maybe-"

"Shut up, Alfie." Zoe said, and we both giggled. "I like you too."

a/n: oh lookie! an update! exam is finished! yay!

anyways, if you haven't watched Pride and Prejudice, i suggest that you should totally watch it... or maybe read the book because it has a nice story.

yeah that's all.