vi

"I have no idea if this question could hurt you or affect you in any matter but, how is life for you? It's okay if you just answer simply. I don't intend to invade your life but-"

"No!" I was quickly cut off by Zoe. "You have told me things from your life, I guess I should tell you mine."

I've decided to ask this question three days after my so-called 'panic attack'. We were currently sitting at Starbucks with Zoe drinking her Caramel Frappucino and me drinking a hot Green Tea Latte. We've decided to rest for a while since we did walk for quite a long time. It's actually great that we've been roaming around recently. I get to spend more time with her and see different sceneries at the same time.

"There are a lot of reasons why I am here. I am here because I feel so left out in life. My friends are happy with their jobs and could travel around the world, my brother too has a job and here I am, just trying to prove to them that I actually could live independently. Well, you could say that I have a job but my parents don't consider it as one. Then.-"

"Mind if I ask you what your job is?"

"A stylist. Like an artist stylist, except I got fired before I went here, and when I got home, my brother decides to tell us that he only wastes his money on the most useless and illegal things in the world. Alcohol. I don't know what to do! So I've decided to go away from our house for a while, and right now I am worried if something is happening to them right now and it would be my fault because I left them and-"

"Shh. Stop speaking now Zoe."

"I can't Alfie! I need to let these all-"
before she could continue what she was saying, she fainted. Okay, it's my fault. I didn't calm her down. And now, I AM PANICKING. WE WERE JUST SEATED HER AND NOW SHE'S LIFELESS. Well, I don't know anymore. So, I called for help, and luckily, a nurse was having her break time and decided that she'll help me with Zoe.

She asked me to get four chairs and place them together in a line. Then, she asked me to lay Zoe there. So, I did. I wasn't sure on what was happening but I think she was checking Zoe's pulse.

"Is she okay?" I asked. I feel that I was clearly panicking in front of a lot of people, but all I could think about was Zoe's condition.

"She will be." the nurse replied. Then, she stood up and asked the people to go back to doing their thing. Then, she asked a staff from Starbucks to get her a towel that is damped with cold water. As soon as she got what she asked, she patted the towel on Zoe's forehead, and left it there for a while. Then, she sat in fron of me. "She'll be fine in a few minutes. So, I heard your conversation. The amount of thoughts and emotions must have been the reason of her mild physical malfunction." she told me.

"Thanks for helping." I told her, and asked for a hand shake.

"No problem. I just think you're girlfriend really means a lot to you, and I just wanted to help with the basic knowledge that I know when it comes to-"

"Wait. She's actually not my girlfriend. Almost everyone we met ever since we got here thought that she was my girlfriend."

"But do you like her?" the nurse asked. I looked down as I fumbled my thumbs from each hand. "Well, better ask her out before it's too late and somebody gets her." she winks at me and I smiled at her.

"Well, hopefully she likes me as well. It would be very awkward if she doesn't like me. But thanks for the advice." 

After saying those words, I felt someone move at our side. The nurse and I looked at who it was and it was Zoe, slowly sitting on the chairs.

"What happened?"