Chapter 4

Beep! Beep! Beep! Jamie's alarm echoed arond her room. "Ughhh, it's Monday, " she groaned grumpily. In her opinion, Mondays were the worst because they were the start to a brand new week and it meant that there were 4 more tiring school days to go until the 2 day weekend, which always seemed to end quickly. 'If I don't get up soon, I'll have to face Mr Link's wrath, I can't get another useless detention today, ' gloomily she thought. Mr Link was her science teacher, he was angry like Mrs Callister her previous music teacher back from when Jamie was a weak, stupid girl but it's alright now, she is popular, she is strong and is planning to stay that way forever. Nothing can stop her from leaving her rightful place in society's ranks and that is at the top.

Jamie stretched out of bed and walked into her bathroom to take a long soak in her tub. First, she brushed her teeth with Colgate Total (, only £2.90 per bottle, £1 for small bottles and today there's 2 for 1 sale on Notino, buy your Colgate Total's today!!! : ) ) . After pouring the water in and some soap, she stripped her clothes off and relaxed in the bath. The lovely aroma of lavender filled her nose, she hated it. It felt boring using the same scent everyday but Hannah said that it's nice and if Hannah says that it's nice, it's nice. She enjoyed dipping her head in the bath and thinking, just thinking about what to do on the weekend with Hannah, Louise, Mia and Jenna her best friends. Perhaps shopping? Or maybe a manicure? No, they did that last week. Gossiping? No, they do that at school. Shopping it is, well just as long as everyone agrees but I'm sure they will. Jamie grabbed her soft, white robe and wrapped it around her and went to her room to get changed into that 'ugly uniform' (emphasis on 'that').

(A/N: It's not that bad.)

Once she'd changed, she met up with her group of friends in the hallway of the school. "Hey guys!" She called out to them. "Hi, Jane!" "Hello!" "Hi!" "Hey!" These were the answers that she'd gotten. If you've read the name 'Jane', then you've read right. Let's rewind a little.

<rewind>

The conversation went like this:

"Jamie!"

"Yes, Hannah."

"I hate your name."

"......"

"It makes you sound like a boy, you'll get teased for that and I will not tolerate one of us with a male's name."

"......"

"So... from now on you are not Jamie, you are Jane. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Hannah."

So now you see, Hannah is the leader of the group. What she says goes, everyone listens to Hannah, no one dares to defy Hannah because if you do your popularity will drop and soon you'll be at the bottom, a reject, a nobody. You may be wondering how can one girl be able to do this. Hannah knows things, she knows secrets, secrets that could ruin your life and not just your life even your family's. We'll know more about Hannah soon but for now, let's get back to the story.

Ring! Ring! Ring! That was the lunch bell. "Let's head to the canteen! " Mia yelled at them happily. "You don't have to shout, we aren't deaf, " Hannah replied irritatedly. "Yeah, we're not death, " Louise followed. Mia's smile was replaced with a frown but she didn't say anything in fear of facing Hannah's wrath. "Right.... sorry." Jamie felt sorry for her. 'No, it's no use feeling sorry for others, sympathy is for the weak. I am not weak, I'm strong, I'm powerful, I'm not who I once was, I've changed....for the better, ' she thought. It was true, Jamie had changed but not for the better. 

Once they'd arrived in the canteen, everyone was staring at them. 'Oh no, it's them.' They placed their bags in the centre of the room, that was where their table was, yes, their table, everyone knows that the centre table in the canteen is theirs. Yes, it has their name on it, no, it's not spray painted, it's written in glitter pen: T H E   S C A R L E T S. Jamie thought it was a strange name for a group and didn't know why it was their group name though she didn't want to ask Hannah. As she went to get food, she glanced at Hannah to see what she was getting. Everyone in The Scarlets always chose the same food as Hannah because if they didn't, Hannah would critisize their food choices saying it's 'disgusting' and that they have 'such bad food choices' and no one wants to defy Hannah.

Suddenly, Jamie felt a strange feeling tingling inside her, that always happened when something bad was about to happen. "Oops!" It was Camille, she'd spilled her tea on Hannah on purpose! Camille Hawkings was Hannah's enemy, she always made Hannah really angry and defied her. "You totally did the on purpose! " Hannah screamed in rage. Everyone's attention was on them. "Well, you got me but trust me it makes you look.....hilarious." She grinned and once she'd said the word 'hilarious' she burst out laughing like a maniac and walked away. "Grrrrrrr!" Hannah started growling like a dog. Jamie had to admit it though, it was hilarious. 'One day, ' she thought, 'I will embarrass Hannah so much that she'd leave this school and I will become the Queen of this school, everyone will remember me, everyone will know me. Queen Jane of Perington Boarding School, I like that.'

(A/N: This kinda reminds me of the song 'The Queen of mean' from Disney Descendants. 🎵I always thought that I'd be the Queen and there's no in between.🎵Yeah I'll stop now. Wow, I'm just randomly making loads of Author notes. So you know how I say, I'll make the chapters longer and then I don't, it's because I'm kinda lazy and felt like leaving this chapter here. Sorry guys, maybe one day. But not today 🤡. Sorry, this was late. Baii!)