10-Mr Sweet Sixteen

I lay on the floor throwing a ball up in the air, catching it, my legs leaning on an amp “so are we going to practise for this sweet sixteen we have coming up?” I asked looking at the boys “oh yeah of course” the boys picked up their instruments and got into place I stood up straightening my Rolling Stones t shirt and readjusting my beanie I made my way to the mike “let’s get this torture over with” I huffed looking over at the boys who nodded and started playing Glad You Came by The Wanted

The sun goes down the stars come out

 And all that counts is here and now

 My universe will never be the same I'm glad you came

You cast a spell on me, spell on me

You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me

 And I decided you look well on me, well on me

 So lets go somewhere no one else can see you and me

Turn the lights out now

 Now I'll take you by the hand

 Hand you another drink, drink it if you can,

 Can you spend a little time

 Time is slipping away

 Away from us so stay

 Stay with me I can make make you glad you came

The sun goes down the stars come out

 And all that counts is here and now

 My universe will never be the same I'm glad you came

You cast a spell on me, spell on me

You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me

 And I decided you look well on me, well on me

 So lets go somewhere no one else can see you and me

Turn the lights out now

Now I'll take you by the hand

 Hand you another drink, drink it if you can

 Can you spend a little time

 Time is slipping away

 Away from us so stay

 Stay with me I can make, make you glad you came

The sun goes down the stars come out

And all that counts is here and now

 My universe will never be the same I'm glad you came

 I'm glad you came

Oh so glad you came

I'm glad you came

I'm glad you came

The sun goes down the stars come out

And all that counts is here and now

My universe will never be the same I'm glad you came

“Ok so I officially hate birthday girl for making me sing 2 crappy songs” the boys laughed at me as I huffed and groaned about the set list “let’s just get this over with” I groaned the boys nodded. We were in the middle of Call Me Maybe when Ryan’s phone started playing Call Me Maybe “oh my god lol” I laughed at him he grinned sheepishly turning red with embarrassment and retrieved his phone “shut up guys I have to take this its Mr Sweet Sixteen” we nodded and mimed locking her lips he laughed at us and answered the phone “hello” “yup” “huh? Cool ok” we heard “what alright sure no worries” he hung up the phone and turned to us “he wants to see us after rehearsals” he said “alright then well let’s get cracking.” We continued on with our rehearsals.

“Drive, drive!” I instructed Spencer hopping into the minivan and sliding the door closed behind me. He saluted me and put the car into drive wheels crunching along the gravel taking us to our meeting with Mr Sweet Sixteen, Jamie switched on the radio to make this car journey more entertaining when stupid One Direction came on singing What Makes You Beautiful “oh look it’s Lola’s song” Ryan laughed “shut up” I whacked him in the arm “well I should get some stutter practise in” I started singing along the boys air drumming and guitaring in the background. We burst out the van laughing and sputtering trying to catch our breathes when Mr Sweet Sixteen came into view we immdiently sobered up, standing straight and sorting out any clothing problem we had “hello sir” I spoke up standing out of line and going towards him “I’m Lola the lead vocalist of this band” I held my hand out for him to shake offering a small smile “why hello” he responded in a deep masculine voice “it’s nice to meet you I am John Godfrey the father of Elizabeth the young lady who’s birthday you are playing at” I nodded “nice to finally meet you Mr Godfrey” I stepped back and gestured to the rest of them “and this is the rest of the band” they smiled and waved saying hi “you spoke to Ryan on the phone earlier. What did want to see us about?” I asked getting down to business “aww yes just to inform you all that there will be a strict dress code that everyone has to follow even you but I don’t mind if you don’t perform on stage in heels” I smiled “thanks for that is there anything else we need to know?” he nodded and straightened his tie “dress rehearsal tomorrow 12pm sharp don’t be late” we nodded “alright thank you Mr Godfrey we will see you tomorrow” he nodded and walked off going back to his house. We left back to the minivan with everyone laughing at me “you have to wear a dress oh god this good” they laughed “oh shut it you guys have to wear suits” they immdiently shut up “ha knew that’d shut you up.”

It was the next day. I pulled my electric blue comforter off me and had a shower washing my hair; I stepped out and put some underwear on before leaving the bathroom. I walked over to my wardrobe when my phone blared to life I walked over to my bedside table minding converses and piles of book haphazardly covering my floor to my bedside table where I picked it up to see I had a text from Ryan Mr Sweet Sixteen wants us to bring our outfits we want to wear to rehearsals so we can practise in them and make sure he approves I quickly text back a reply alright thanks will do see you later I pressed send and went back to my wardrobe pulling out a grey tank top, bright pink skinny jeans and grey hoodie. I shoved my feet into a battered pair of converse and retrieved my dress from the dark depths of the back of my wardrobe with my nicest pair of black converse and a whole load of bracelets. I laid my dress on my bed and admired it, it was quite pretty it had a skull top panel with lace up detail and thin straps and went into a puffy black skirt that ended mid-thigh. It was the one dress that I quite liked; I put it and the rest of the outfit into a bag and made my way to meet up with everyone.

We arrived and unloaded the van sticking all the instruments onto the stage and setting up we went and changed into what we were going to be wearing. I walked out to find the boys already onstage practising when I entered the flambount (A/N not too sure on spelling sorry) pink room the boys looked up jaws dropping “what happened to Lola?” Ryan asked “she stuck on a dress” I laughed and joined them onstage “now guys come on stop ogling I have a boyfriend remember? And we have to get ready for this party” the boys nodded and started playing What Makes You Beautiful I groaned quietly away from the mike and walked forward to sing it. With the rehearsal over with Mr Godfrey clapped “very well done and I approve of what you are all wearing, you all look very nice” I smiled “thanks Mr Godfrey” I thanked him for the compliment he gave us as we started packing away “can we leave the stuff here?” I asked he nodded “by all means yes” I thanked him again and helped the boys pack up. After pack up we changed “home time I think” I said rubbing my hands together after leaving the bathroom outfit in hand “yeah!” the boys chorused.

A/N so did everyone enjoy the bonus birthday chapter? i'm sorry it was short i honestly thought it was longer but as long as you enjoyed it and thought it was sweet thats all that matters to me.

song on side is a beautiful song i really like at the moment so dont worry it has no relevance to this chapter. oh and hopefully on the side is the dress she is planning to wear!