5-radio worker

I took a deep breath and pushed open the door to my work “hi Fiona” I mumbled a greeting to my boss and walked off to the staff room to put my bag away and change into my polo shirt. She ignored my greeting as usual and just glared at me I sighed and put my bag away pulling off my I <3 mustache t shirt and putting on the itchy purple Skate City polo shirt workers have to wear. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and clocked in starting my torturous shift.

I was stuck replacing boards back on the wall mounts when Fiona called me over. “I need you to work the cash register” she said once I got to where she was situated “ok” I got behind the cash register and plastered a fake smile to my face. I knew the reason why I was stuck behind here Fiona didn’t like the fact I was wearing shorts but I wasn’t really too bothered by her reason. I was stood behind the register doodling on a piece of paper when I heard someone enter the store; I looked up to find Ross and Rocky looking for new wheels and other things, not noticing my existence but hey whatever. I was in my own little world when someone cleared their throat I looked up and plastered a fake smile on my face “hi welcome to Skate City” I then realised who it was “oh hi guys” I said a real mini smile making its way on my face instead of the fake one I always use at work “hi Lola care to ring this lot up for us?” Rocky said “oh yeah no probs” I started ringing up their items “that will $34.97” I said holding out my hand for the cash “impatient much?” Rocky joked “yep totally” out of the corner of my eye I saw Fiona watching the whole exchange. Uh oh. I gulped and took the money handing them their receipt and bag “thanks for visiting Skate City enjoy the rest of your day” I said fake smile back in place they quirked their eyebrow at my behaviour change but shrugged it off “see ya later Lola Riker’s dying to see you again” Rocky said collecting the bag. I watched as he and Ross left the store together. I sighed man this job stinks I thought Fiona came up to me “what was that?” she snapped hands on hips “what was what?” I asked pretending to be clueless “talking to the customer like that. If I ever see you doing that again I’ll have your job” she hissed getting into my personal space I shrunk back “yes boss” I mumbled she nodded and backed away.

The rest of my shift passed and I was able to leave I pulled my polo off and stuck my top back on. Picking up my bag I left the store to go to my car when I realised my mom dropped me off groaning I got my phone out and dialled Riker’s number “what up Lola?” he asked “hi can you pick me up from work please?” I asked “sure just tell me where you are” I told him where I was and hung up waiting for him to arrive.

I was sat on the curb when he arrived I stood up and brushed my lap down, picking up my bag I slung it over my shoulder and opened the passenger door “hey” I greeted as I got in “hi” Riker smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back. Its official the guy I’ve been calling my best friend for 3 and a bit days is the guy I’m in love with. Oh dear. I shook that thought away though and buckled myself up. The radio was playing quietly in the backround when a song I know very well came on heck I sing that song! My eyes bulged out their sockets in shock and I turned it up to make sure my ears weren’t lying to me and they weren’t Smiles were getting airwave time. Shocked I turned to Riker “did you do this?” I asked indicating what was being played on the radio “yeah I did” he looked at me quickly “Oh my gosh thank you so, so, so, so much!” I squealed “I would hug you but you’re driving” he chuckled “well I want that hug when I’m finished driving” he said in all seriousness “don’t worry you’ll get it” I grinned feeling like I was on cloud nine I text the guys telling them about my discovery.

We arrived at the Lynch house and the minute Riker was out the car I attacked him into a hug “I love you so much you don’t how much this means to us!” I rushed hugging him knocking him to the ground “no problem” he patted my hair that was still in its ponytail “Hey Rikes could you do me a favour please?” I asked “and what’s that Lola?” he asked “can you take the hair tie out please” I felt his hand reach for the ponytail and grab the hair tie making my hair tumble out around his hands “thanks” I looked up at him and realised how close we were. I gulped. He seemed to notice too as he started closing the gap between us capturing my lips with his. It was heavenly, his lips felt so soft and I swear I could hear fireworks go off in the backround. We pulled away though when someone cleared their throat behind us we realised what position we were in (I was on top of Riker) and both scrambled up going red with embarrassment to find Rocky laughing at us “dude!” Riker yelled at his younger brother “you guys are too funny” I hid my face in Riker’s chest “so are you a couple or friend’s with benefits?” Rocky asked I cringed into Riker’s chest even more “dude!” Riker yelled again blushing even more “sorry” he said and walked back into the house “oh and Lola your welcome to stay for dinner” Rocky shouted to us as he closed the door shut “errm so Lola” Riker said scratching his back in nervousness “would you like to be my girlfriend?” he looked really scared of rejection “yes a thousand times yes!” he picked me up and spun me round in happiness while I squealed in delight.

We eventually entered the house hand in hand “why hello lovebird number 1” Rocky said pausing his game of Halo “yeah hi Rocky” I said plonking down next to him. Riker entered the room after talking to Stormie about setting up an extra spot on the dinner table for me “and why isn’t it lovebird number 2” Riker pushed his brother who came tumbling off the sofa onto the hard wooden floor “ow!” Rocky exclaimed sitting up “yeah, yeah whatever” Riker sat down and pulled me onto his lap. He looked at the game on the TV screen and picked up a controller joining Rocky. I laughed at how quick they got over things.

All too soon Stormie called us into the dining room for dinner. I sat next to Riker with Rydel on my other side me and Riker were holding hands under the table the entire time. Once dinner was over I said bye to the Lynches and got Riker to drop me off home. I went to bed that night with a giant smile on my face.

A/N just to say i will be going on holiday tomorrow and i wont be able to upload for a while im soo sorry about that but hey enjoy whats up and remember nice thoughts make people happy bad thoughts make people sad