20-talk and write

I cradled my phone between my shoulder and neck as I spoke to Riker who was currently away on the LOUDtour with R5. “hey sweetie” I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee from the pot “how is everything” I ask as I cradle my coffee in my hands and walk to the living room where my songbook and guitar are “I’m fine” I gasped as he said that his voice was nasally he sounded really ill “aww sweetie you sound terrible don’t lie to me” he sighed “I just didn’t want you to worry about me” I let a small smile play over my lips when he said that “oh Rikey as your girlfriend I have every right to worry about you and by not telling me you were leaving me to find out on my own makes me worry even more about you” I told him “I know and I’m really sorry it’ll never happen again it was really tough on me when I wasn’t there and had to find out through Ryan that you fainted onstage and wouldn’t wake up that was terrifying but at least I was near you, I can’t imagine what it must be like for you” he apologised to me down the phone as I placed my guitar on my lap “you are too sweet and cheesy Riker I love you for that. Now how is everyone else?” I asked as I scribbled down some lyrics.

Let’s commit the perfect crime

I steal your heart

You steal mine

“They’re really good it’s so LOUD on the tour bus it’s like a permanent party” he chuckled as I smiled “well I’m glad everyone’s having fun” I said as I wrote the chords down on top of the words I’d just scribbled onto the jotter.

I just hope we won’t have to pay for our crime

Cause I’d just die without you by my side

 “I really wish the no girlfriends on the bus rule didn’t exist” Riker sighed sounding really sleepy “aww baby am I wearing you out?” I asked into the phone “no” he replied trying to stifle a yawn “liar, liar pants on fire” I smirked “now go to bed I love you and I will see you soon” I told him as he replied with a sleepy love you too. I smiled as I hung up the phone and picked up my pad and continued writing the song.

I finally finished the song. I put my pen down on the coffee table and placed my guitar beside me, I got up from the sofa and made my way to my room to change out of my sweats and get ready for band practise that was scheduled for today. Entering the room I made my way over to my wardrobe as I stripped off my belly top and replaced it with a BOOM comic tee, distressed denim shorts, denim shirt and black converse. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and tied my friendship bracelets around my wrists grabbing my Kermit the frog backpack from the corner of my room I rushed out dodging random converses and made my way down the stairs to my car putting my key in the ignition and reversing down the gravel covered driveway to our rehearsal space.

I took the key out the ignition and got out the car bag on shoulder and entered the warehouse “hey boys I have arrived” I said entering the room where the instruments were in the room next to it was our recording booth where we recorded our songs, today the boys were in the booth “so are we recording some new songs of ours today or writing?” I asked eyeing them up “a bit of both I think” Spencer said looking at the others for confirmation who all nodded their heads “awesome well I wrote a song this morning but I really want to write with you guys and have your creative inputs into what we play” I told them sitting in the seat next to them “well let’s begin we may be here for some time”  I nodded my head and text my mom and Grant telling them that I along with the rest of Smiles were holed up in the studio writing songs. “Well let’s begin shall we?” Ryan asked stretching out his hands and grabbing one of the acoustic guitars we had in the room while I grabbed a notepad pen and one of the apple macs.

“how about the line you’re one hell of a guy” I said “yeah but we need a line to follow it” I nodded pondering  “it’s a shame you make all the girls cry with your god forsaken lies” I shouted out as Ryan nodded his head playing a tune and singing the lyrics “sounds good” he said as I scribbled the lyric down “we can have song gang vocals with the words surprise, surprise” I said as the boys tested that out “and it can just be repeated in any part of the song that word fits so I could be singing it’s no and then you guys could go surprise, surprise” they nodded agreeing with the idea “that sounds so killer that could be part of the chorus” Ryan said singing “it’s no surprise, surprise you’re sitting in your room alone I’m not surprised, surprised I’ve known it all along” I nodded my head scribbling that down “it sounds good” I told him as he continued playing. Before long we had finished writing the song and were recording it.

I had my headphones attached to my head as I sang the lyrics that were scrawled in my messy print on the paper lying on the music stand “you’re one hell of a guy it’s a shame you make all the girls cry with your god forsaken lies piercing their hearts like knives.” We continued recording late into the night at one point all the boys were in the booth singing the gang vocals as I waited outside the booth recording our session to edit into the music video we were planning on making for this single, the music video was just going to be footage of us singing this song at concerts, on the beach, recording it anywhere we sang this song it was being recorded even if we just sang it at my next family barbeque.

The boys came out of the booth and sat down in their spinny chairs just spinning around helping edit the song together. We were soon finished and satisfied with the song we had created. Saying bye we parted our separate ways I decided to stay at the rehearsal space with Ryan as we continued writing more songs to show the guys at our next band rehearsal. We spent the night messing round, writing and talking about Riker, all in all it was a pretty good evening we eventually fell asleep hands covered in ink and hurting with all the guitar playing we had done in the seats we had claimed during our stay.

A/N im not sure on this chapter tell me what you think. im going through a bit of writers block im trying to power through it though and write as much as i can for you guys