16-meet and surf

*1 week later*

It was a week after Elizabeth’s surprise birthday concert we put on. I’d just come out of the shower and now looking for something to wear I pulled out bleached ripped skinny jeans, white tank top and army jacket with the sleeves rolled up. I tied my friendships bracelets around my wrists and laced my combat boots up putting my hair up into a quick messy ponytail my side bangs resting in front of my left eye untidily (A/N outfit similar to what Hayley wore in the video for NOW hair similar to Hayley’s in a shot from the video for Careful as you can see I’m in a Paramore mood). Once I was finished getting dressed I left my room and made my way downstairs to be greeted by my mom “wow this is a rare occasion what you doing mom?” I asked as I sat at the kitchen table chipped coffee mug in hand courtesy of my mom “haven’t got any jobs on at the moment and I really want to meet this boyfriend of yours how long have you been dating now?” she asked I smiled as I replied “3 months now” cooed at me “your soo loved up!” she exclaimed. I swear my mom’s a teenager at heart “soo when do I get to meet this boy?” she asked as she sipped her coffee “he’s coming round tonight after I finish work for our movie night” I said as I got up and put my mug in the sink to wash up I checked the clock in the kitchen as I rolled my sleeves up and turned the faucet on (A/N that is the correct term?) I had to leave the house in 10 minutes “sugar mom I haven’t got time to wash up my mug can you do it for me please?” I asked picking up my Kermit the frog backpack “yeah of course sweetie” she said standing up and adding her mug to the mountain of washing up that had piled up in the sink “thanks love you got to go!” I yelled out as I inched closer and closer to the door.

Pulling the key out the ignition I picked up my bag from the passenger seat and rushed into work “hey Fiona” I greeted my boss as I walked past her to the staff room where I pulled off my top and put the itchy polo on. Straightening the polo out I left the staff room and entered the main floor clocking in for my shift. I got behind the counter and plastered a fake smile on my face ready for the day.

“Hi welcome to Skate City how can I help you?” I chirped fake smile plastered on my face “well babe” this acne covered fourteen year old tried to flirt with me “I’d really like some help in getting your digits” he leaned up against the counter getting dangerously close to invading my personal space making me really uncomfortable “look little dude” I cheerfully said “I am way out of your league and plus I’m taken” he came closer “I can share” he winked at me “gross now off you trot” I got out from behind the counter and steered him towards the door pushing him out “thanks for visiting Skate City please don’t come again!” I cheerfully called after him. Smiling I got back behind the counter where Fiona approached me “that is no way to treat a customer” she hissed getting in my face “sorry but ewe the kid was trying to flirt with me” I replied a shiver running down my spine “whatever just get out of my sight now be grateful I’m not firing you. NOW OUT OF MY STORE!” she roared at me as I hurried off to the staff room grabbing my bag and making my way to the parking lot unlocking my car I text Riker hey babe got let out of work early so I was wondering are you free I want to catch some waves love you xxx after sending the text I threw my phone on the passenger seat next to my bag and started the engine driving out the parking lot and towards home.

“hey mom I’m home” I called out tossing my car keys and house keys into the little bowl by the front door “hi honey I thought you had work till 5” my mom said coming out the kitchen “I did but Fiona sent me home after I kicked out a boy who was trying to flirt with me” my mom snorted “typical Lola. Anyway does this mean lover boy is coming round earlier?” she enquired raising a perfectly plucked blonde eyebrow at me “of course we’re heading to the beach to catch some waves” I replied as I ascended the stairs. Pushing my bedroom door open I stepped over a stray converse and entered the room making my way over to my wardrobe to pull out my bikini top and boys swimming trunk. I finished tying my comic strip bikini top and slipped my arms into one of my many checkered shirts leaving it open and settling my sunglasses on the top of my hair which was still in its ponytail.  I picked up a pair of flip flops and made my way downstairs to see my mom and Riker talking in the living room “hey Riker I didn’t know you were here” I said as I entered the room “yeah got here early your mom let me in” he replied as he stood up wrapping me in a hug “we ready to go to the beach?” I asked escaping his arms “yeah of course. It was nice meeting you Karen” he told my mom grabbing my hand and my bag as we made our way to the front door my surfboard waiting for me on the porch “you too Riker!” she called “are you joining us for movie night mom?” I asked “can I?” my mom’s eyes lit up “yeah Riker doesn’t mind do you Rikes?” I asked as he shook his head “it’s open to anyone” mom smiled “thanks I’d like that.”

After that discussion with mom we had finally escaped the house and were on our way to the beach “so how come you got let out of work early?” Riker asked swinging our hands back and forth “chucked out some annoying kid who was trying to flirt with me” Riker laughed “oh Lola” he shook his head a smile plastered on his face “hey not my fault some acne covered freak thought he could flirt with me it was gross” I shivered at the thought of that kid “you’re so silly sweetheart sometimes it’s too adorable” Riker said watching me as we walked along the sidewalk the sea in the horizon “now come on lets go chose a good spot to surf” he said letting go of my hand and racing ahead of me “who’s the silly now?” I called laughing as I raced after the blonde dork finally catching up with him as he stopped and deposited our staff onto the golden sand “now who’s up for catching some waves?” I asked stripping off my shirt and sunglasses chucking them on the pile in the middle of us “race ya to the sea!” I yelled running past Riker “hey that’s not fair!” he yelled as he tried to catch up with me “it soo is fair” I yelled back turning around “to you it is” he pouted like a 5 year old “awe don’t pout babe” my cooed squidging his cheeks (A/N not sure if that’s how you spell it autocorrect won’t tell me) before wading out to find a good spot to sit out and wait for the waves.

I wiped out after my 5th wave. Surfacing I spluttered and pushed my fringe out of my face rubbing my eyes allowing me to see Riker ride the wave “damn you!” I yelled as I waded out of the sea cold and tired I dropped my surfboard and grabbed my towel waiting for Riker to come in “hey sweetie saw you wipe out you ok?” he asked putting his arms around me “I’m fine” I told him turning round in his arms to face him “you sure? Not feeling dizzy or anything?” he asked quirking an eyebrow remembering what the doctor told him about my condition “seriously with the medication my life continues as if I never been diagnosed with the condition” he smiled at my response kissing my nose “good don’t want anything to happen to my angel” I smiled blushing “you soppy romantic” I laughed lightly thumping his chest “yeah but I’m your soppy romantic” I blushed even more “that you are” I got on my tippy toes and gave him a peck on the lips “we should get going the suns about to set and we still have that movie night” I said unwinding myself out of his arms and picking up my bag and surfboard while he did the same “can’t wait to spend the evening with you and mom.”