Ivory didn't wear lipstick, let alone pink lipstick.

Her rational brain tried to convince her otherwise, give him the benefit of the doubt. But it was too late for that. Something in her had already snapped and the rage that began to bubble had now boiled and was clawing its way out of her.

Her breaths came out uneven and sharp.

She threw the glass on the floor thinking the sound of the shattering glass would be satisfying for more than just a mere moment. The gratification didn't last. She stormed up the stairs and straight to his bedroom. She ripped out the covers. She inspected the sheets for hair, a scent, anything. She checked the bathroom, laundry for clothes. Nothing. She hurried back down the stairs and inspected the living room for signs other than Taine. Nothing.

She caught sight of her reflection as she walked passed a mirror. Her hair looked windswept, nostrils flared and fangs extended. She looked paranoid and crazy.

She began to reign in her emotions. Maybe she had overreacted...Nothing made sense and the half-shift her anger had caused left lingering emotions amidst the confusion.

Camila let her self calm down for a moment. She took deep breaths, called to the voice-activated speaker to start her playlist, and waved her shirt collar against her skin to cool her. It had been a while since she felt her world surrounded by music and she let herself revel in it. She forced herself to hum, it always did the trick.

Walking to the door she picked up her things and pulled them up the stairs.

"You're fine. It's okay." She whispered to herself as she reached the top.

Her phone slipped from her hands and clacked to the floor.

"Shit. Shit shit."

As she bent down to retrieve it, something caught her eye. Taine's office door was cracked open. She hadn't looked there. Her heart pulled her in two directions. She wanted to leave it alone, just go unpack and confront Taine later. But the other part, the greater part needed answers even if it came at a cost.

She entered the room and locked the door behind her, knowing it didn't make a difference. Fingers trembling she held the power button of his computer until the monitor sung itself to life. She swore under her breath when she realised that it was password protected. What did she expect? This was Alpha Taine she was dealing with.

She tried his birthday, knew him well enough to not even attempt hers. She was clueless. It had locked her out after her fifth attempt.

She used the back of her hand to wipe the sweat from her brow. She gently shuffled through the papers on his desk, trying to keep things similar to how she found them. The knob to his drawers practically begged for her to open them. So she did.

She dug through them, not giving much care to remaining inconspicuous. Still nothing. She dredged up old bank statements and 'to do' lists but still, the man didn't leave much of a paper trail.

At the bottom of the drawer, stuck to a piece of paper she found an old photograph. She brought it closer, inspecting it. The corners of the photograph were moth-eaten, browning and very blurred but she could still make out Taine and another boy of a similar age. Even from a young age, Taine had a stoic expression on his face. The other boy was beaming. It looked forced, but nonetheless he wore a toothy smile. She flipped it over and read the words scrawled on the back. 'A very smiley Taine and Nathan.' She found herself smiling at the words.

Taine had never talked much about his younger years but from what he had said, his family had travelled a fair amount and while he knew and met many children, he didn't have any forever friends. Nathan must have left a lasting impact on him, Taine wouldn't keep a photo of just anyone.