Chapter 3

When she came to, she was laying on a bed in the Hades cabin and she could hear her parents outside arguing over something.

"I told you not to overdo it then you literally let her do the exact same thing." She could hear her dad say, clearly frustrated as she blinked open her eyes.

"I didn't even know she was going to do it until it was too late, and she seemed perfectly fine after the first jump." Papa replied. She slowly sat up, pushing her blonde curls from her face and noticed Avery sitting on the bed across from hers, legs crossed, with his head back against the wall and staring up at the ceiling. He tilted his eyes a bit and looked over when he saw her sit up.

"Feeling alright?" He asked, giving her a once over with his blue eyes.

"I guess..." She replied.

"Dizzy? Nauseous?" She shook her head.

"I'm feeling perfectly fine, Avery." She leaned her head against the wall behind her and closed her eyes.

"Good. Dad said not to overuse your powers. It could cause you to literally kill yourself by fading into the shadows. No one wants that, Dakota."

"I know," She murmured right as the door to the cabin opened and in walked their parents.

"I need you not to do that again, Dakota. You scared me half to death." Will said as he sat down next to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"It won't happen again." She assured her dad, resting her head on his shoulder. "Don't get mad at Papa. He didn't know I was going to do it until I'd already done it. My fault, not his."

"Changing the subject, I have a question." Avery spoke up, adjusting his beanie a bit. "How do either of us exist? I was doing research after something someone said about sex and it shouldn't be possible with both of you being male, so unless one of you isn't then it doesn't make sense."

"I've been wondering that too...I just never asked..." Dakota added, looking between her parents, who shared a look before sighing.

"Its difficult to explain...14 years later and we still don't fully understand exactly what happened. The most we can say is that it was a blessing from Apollo...There was only supposed to be one of you two, but we ended up with both of you." Will explained.

"So, we're biologically yours?" Avery asked.

"Why the hell wouldn't you be?" Nico asked, sitting down next to his son. "Of course, you are. Through and through, you share our blood and you have from the moment that blessing brought you into the world. Nothing could change that."

"I wouldn't want anything to change it. I have the best parents in the world." Dakota grinned with a smile.

The next day after breakfast, the di Angelo-Solace family went their separate ways

The next day after breakfast, the di Angelo-Solace family went their separate ways. Nico and Will did whatever married couples do at a summer camp for mostly teenagers and Avery ad Dakota went to go so random things. Dakota spent most of her time that day at the archery range, practicing her shot more and even helping a few newbies who needed help correcting their form. After a while, she got bored and went to go collect her arrows, setting them back in her quiver before returning them to her necklace before going to wander the camp and figure out what else there was to do.