Chapter 1

"Dakota! Give me my sword!" Avery shouted, chasing after his sister

"Never!" The blonde-haired girl shouted, running away from her brother with a grin.

"You're not even holding it right!" The brunet called. "You're going to hurt yourself!" Right as Avery spoke, the blonde tripped as she wasn't properly paying attention, causing the sword to slip out of its sheath and cut her arm as she dropped to the ground.

"Ow ow ow." She said as he tried to sit up, looking down at the cut on her forearm that was bleeding pretty badly.

"I told you, you would get hurt." Avery said as he dropped down next to his sister, worry flashing across his face as he saw the injury. "Should I go get Dad?"

"N-no. He'll yell at me again. Do something." She said, thrusting her arm into her brother's general direction, trying not to panic. She really didn't like seeing blood, especially her own.

"I don't know what I'm doing!" Avery said, putting his hands up in surrender as he started at his sister.

"Avery Avernus di Angelo-Solace!" Avery froze as he heard his full name, slowly turning his head towards whomever had called him. Standing outside the door was a blonde male wearing a t shirt with an open button up over the top as well as cargo shorts and a beaded necklace.

"I didn't do anything this time!" The brunette said quickly, backing away from his sister. As soon as the blonde male male saw he blood, he was quick to rush over.

"Nico! I need the first aid kit!" He shouted over his shoulder as he helped Dakota inside, forcing her to stand with her arm over the kitchen sink right as another male appeared with the first aid kit. He had black hair and dark brown eyes and was wearing black skinny jeans, a skull t-shirt, and a beaded necklace like the blonde.

"This is going to hurt." The blonde male said as he began to clean the injury with some water and rubbing alcohol, humming a tune all the while and occasionally muttering a few words along with it. Soon, the girl was patched up with minor stitches in her forearm.

"What happened this time?" Nico asked, crossing his arms as he looked down at his daughter, who looked away, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"She had Avery's sword and fell, from what I gather." The blonde said, glancing at his husband.