Chapter 18: Swallow Your Pride Part 2

Start from the beginning

"It was already right there. Four years ago. That was the sign. That was the sign that I should have forgotten everything and embraced her."

"Everything happens for a reason, Ravn. Four years ago, you were filled with rage when you saw her. Fate knew that it wasn't the right time to bring you together. Fate has decided to give you time until I came here and gave you the light to face her again." Ravn pulled away from Gabrielle, but still not pulling out from the hug. They just looked at each other.

Ravn's eyes were bloodshot red from crying and sweat was dripping down from his head, his hair sticking onto his forehead. "If you hadn't come into my life, I would never have thought of facing her. But still I'm too late. I should have listened to you the first time you gave me my phone."

Gabrielle wiped away his tears with both of her hands and let him rest his back on the tree. She sat to his right, resting her back on the tree as well.

She let Ravn's head rest on her left shoulder as they watch the people walk their way through the garden.

"Regrets are always felt at the last. And they're one of the worst because they all feel like a slap from reality because of our foolish acts. That slap will leave a painful sting on our face, until it spreads down to our heart. It spreads into our hearts while we watch everything crumble down."

She took Ravn's right hand and brushed the blood and dirt away with the hem of her white dress. "However, even after the slap of regret, there's always a small light trying to peer into our hearts. It was almost invisible to our eyes but it is there to tell us that there is still a way to fix it. Once you see that small light, you start to grab it and widen the hole to let it shine widely within you."

Ravn's eyes were closed as he listened to Gabrielle's words, but his tears were still there. It flowed silently down his cheeks.

"And you know what? I saw that small light just in between those rocks that were suffocating your heart. I believe this isn't the end, Ravn. Everything will be okay. I assure you. Trust your strongest guardian angel, okay?"

When Ravn didn't answer, Gabrielle concluded he fell asleep. His eyes must have felt heavy after all the crying and the pain. She held his right hand, their fingers intertwined. Her right hand caressed the wounds on his hand.

She rested her head against his with a smile on her face. "I'm so proud of you, Ravn. You let your pride down and faced the biggest pain of your life. You're so strong."

°°°°°

"Ravn." A familiar voice called Ravn, waking him up

He soon realized he's at the carousel. The carousel and the amusement park is the same as years ago, but Ravn wasn't a kid. It was his present self.

"Did I just time travel?" Ravn asked himself as he walked around the park, his face contorting into confusion.

"Ravn!" He heard his mom call him. He turned around but he couldn't see her.

"Ravn!" She calls out again. This time, louder. Ravn turned around to look for the voice that repeatedly called for his name until he felt dizzy as it grew louder and louder. He covered his ears when he started to feel scared. The world was spinning so fast around him.

He couldn't see anything clearly. Everything was moving too fast that he felt dizzy. The voice, it pierced through Ravn's mind even though his ears were blocked with his hands. The voice bounced through his mind, hitting his skull as if it wants to go out after invading it.

Ravn closed his eyes tightly, his hands still covering his ears. "Mom!"

Everything went silent so Ravn opened his eyes to find the world going back to normal. When he saw people going around normally, he removed his hands from covering his ears and saw his mother back at the carousel. She was holding two cotton candies in her hands while looking around.