Chapter 16: Simulation

Start from the beginning

You couldn't move at all or open your eyes, but you could hear what was going on. You didn't lose conscious.

"Hoseok let me down now!" Hoseok quickly dropped you to the ground.

"I'd like to talk about these clothes we have to wear." You interrogated.

"Sorry, the simulation works better when you wear tight clothes it can sense a lot of body warmth." The headmaster laughed awkwardly.

"So what happens now?" You asked, curiosity taking over.

"Well we'll have to wait a few days until taking the test otherwise it won't work." She answered.

"Okay then we'll get going." You waved and went back to the changing room.

"Protect her Hoseok." Hoseok nodded before following you.
                                  ✿ ❁ ✿
"So what do you wanna do? We have an hour before class starts." Hoseok chewed on a lollipop.

"I wanna go to the library, and study a little more on the history." You walked.

You were looking for the book.

"Hoseok come here!"

He jogged his way to you.

"Can you get that book up there?" You pointed to the book that was all the way up on the shelf.

"What is that?" Hoseok placed the book in your hand.

"It's about demons and nothingness."

"What?!" Hoseok gasped looking over your shoulder and taking a look.

"Look. In nothingness is nothing, no time, no furniture,nothing it's just one space all black. If someone gets locked in there, there's 2 ways to get out." You read to Hoseok.

"1 someone needs to free them from outside or 2 be strong enough, but that only happened once."

"If you choose the first option you need to be careful otherwise you can trap yourself in there, or set the demons from the underground free." You widened your eyes.

"I-i can't do that!" You complained looking up at Hoseok.

"Wait, but it says demons can be recognized by the marks on their hips. That means all you gotta do is check and attack them." Hoseok scratched his head.

"Are you dumb? Ugh let's just go to class you're no help." You rolled your eyes.

Unaware of the Shadow staring at you.

"I'm going to need to be a lot more careful,"the person said placing a hand over their hip.

'Don't kill her, just mark her'

The shadow nodded and walked away.
                                 ✿ ❁ ✿
"Hi Jimin!"You waved at him.

"Hello," Jimin gave you a cute eye smile.

"Okay okay! Settle down everyone, I wanna tell you guys something." Everyone quickly ran to their seats.

"As you know the festival is coming up, and I'd like to teach you some history about our ancestors."

Everyone groaned.

"Stop being children. It's a short lesson today."

"When Novis became the savior she became more known around the town, but she was nervous. She still had a feeling there was a demon in the city."

"A man named  Spero, the town's witch helped Novis locate the demon. During that process they fell in love. Together they both found the demon and locked them away underground, but what she didn't know was that the demon marked one of Novus's best friends."

"The marks were different from others, they were a bright red. The friend that got marked by a demon, was her friend who now became Daemonium. Novis knew what she had to do so she locked herself and her friend in the place called nothingness."

"Spero was crushed he waited for a new savior to step up and save his love, Novis. But no one stepped up."

The professor put the book down and raised his head so he could take a look at every student.— "you see there's so much to the story!"

"So Daemonium wasn't always bad?" A student raised their hand.

"Oh no no no. She even helped Novis for a while." The professor smiled seeing how the students were engaged.

"So is Novis still locked away?" A girl asked.

"I'm afraid so. As you see this may be from ages ago, but you have to know that in the nothingness there's no time. So both Novis and Daemonium haven't aged."

"So Novis's family right, is everyone in that family tree considered powerful?" Your classmate Baekhyun asked.

The professor clapped. —"Amazing question! So everybody that was apart of Novis's family is still considered the most powerful of them all. They usually work in the government or army."

"What was the family Novis was apart of?" Somi asked intrigued.

"It's a rare surname. It's the Myeong family." The professor answered giving you a look.

Immediately everyone turned to you, with looks from scared to admiring.

You cursed in your head.

'what was the reason?'

You turned your head to see Jimin admiring you. You give a slight nod before turning away.

"Okays guys, please do your research on the roles you have. It will help a lot trust me." The professor said sitting down at his desk.

You got up as the bell rang.

"Well Miss Savior, you have quite a history to learn." Jimin walked beside you.

"Oh shut up. That was my ancestor, I doubt history will repeat itself." You playfully shoved Jimin by the shoulder.

"Well yeah—"

"Hey Y/N! So you're a savior, huh? That's kinda cool!" Baekhyun appeared beside you interrupting Jimin.

"Yeah imagining how powerful you'd be is kinda hot." Yuta threw a wink your way.

Jimin got in between you and Baekhyun.

"Okay guys you're making her very uncomfortable! Let's get going!" Jimin grabbed your hand and dragged you.