Chapter 27

Mr. Blackbourne's POV

Today I decided Miss Sorenson was it for me. I'd been such a fool. So I put a call into Lilly and scheduled an appointment with her. It was obvious she'd been waiting for my call and set aside time for me on Monday the day after I get home. Not that she sees patients on Sundays anyways. Hopefully when I see Miss Sorenson this evening, she might call me Mr. Blackbourne instead of stick in the ass. North had told me he called her as well and has his first appointment with her today. He was worried it was too late for him and Sang but he wanted to at least fix his family even if he can never have Sang again. Somehow, I know that Sang is seeing this. I'd connected the dots. She knew we'd be there last Friday, and the elder Mr. Henshaw refers to her as his hacker. She didn't question the younger Mr. Taylor's absence because she knew he left. So chances are she saw that message from Mr. Taylor which likely gives him a chance after all. No way that wouldn't please Miss Sorenson that he's improving himself despite not having a chance with her.

North's POV

I just arrived reopened my shop after my appointment with Lilly. I think she must be a goddess. I know there's still a lot of work ahead, but I feel so calm at the moment. Mr. Blackbourne told me he also scheduled an appointment to see her. I texted him to let him know how well it went and how at peace I am. Basically letting him know this is worth it no matter the outcome.

Sean's POV

I was seated near the group and flirting with the waitress while Marc was where he couldn't be seen but would be able to get good pictures of the group. It's a good thing I came because they were discussing everything in Japanese. From what I was hearing the DA was striking a partnership with the Yakuza. In order to seal this partnership they'd do each other a favor. The DA had to get one of their men free from his charges but the favor the DA was requesting was  interesting. He was asking for them to assassinate one Corey Henshaw. I sent a text to both Henshaw's to get to a safehouse immediately. I did this all while still smiling at the waitress and continuing to flirt with her. I might be the pervy doctor, but it didn't mean I wasn't as good at my job as the others.

We had what we needed for law enforcement to get a warrant to legally get all the evidence they needed off the DA's computer. We waited 15 minutes to leave after the DA and Yakuza. We met with Axel at the FBI's field office here in New Orleans. We couldn't be sure who was safe at NOPD, so we went straight to the FBI. We met up with an Agent Mateo Martinez and Agent Lindsey Stein. We gave them the pictures of the DA having lunch with Yakuza members. Then I told them what I heard. A hit being put on one of my Agents. Along with the DA agreeing to drop charges on a Yakuza member. The FBI went to a trusted judge and got the warrant to search the DA's office and home.

Sang's POV

When I got home from school no one was home. Like not a single soul. Which is unusual. Are these guys really leaving me out of the loop??

Me: Hey assholes. I'm part of this mission too. No one is home so wtf is going on??

Code: Shit I'm sorry Hacker. We've busted the DA. However, I've been compromised so Brandon and I are in a safe house for the night. We didn't use our real address but just in case Yakuza somehow finds that home it's best we aren't there. Biologist, Pervy Doc, and Barista are with FBI. The Crow should be home soon.

Me: Thanks for update. Stay safe Code and Harley. If you come back with even a scratch, I'll wipe the Yakuza out.

Big Bear: Moy malen'kiy kotehok means work.

Code: Means business Crow.

Big Bear: Da, same.

Harley: Crow are you texting and driving again? How many times have we told you about this?