Eight

A/N: In my defense, I've been working nonstop and last week I had my finals, so be gentle with me. Anyways, here's a treat.

***

The smell of popcorn is all that's left after we've finished the second bucket. We're watching Guardians of the Galaxy for what feels like the millionth time, yet we still laugh at every scene. It was honestly my favorite Marvel movie and I still thought it didn't get enough recognition. Taylor appreciated it just as much, but I think it was mostly because she was a huge fan of Parks and Recreation.

 Taylor stands from my couch after gently squeezing my thigh in a hint.

"Don't pause it." She picks up the bucket from and cups to take them to the kitchen, "Be right back."

She's wearing one of my sweatshirts that she found on my drawers and my eyes follow every move of her body, not caring at this point if she knows I'm shamelessly checking her out. 

So much for judging Cara.

"Jesus, I think I'll get you some water," her voice comes from the kitchen, "You look thirsty."

"Bring a bottle," I smirk hearing her giggle.

Movie nights with Taylor were my favorite thing ever since we became friends. I'd never had so much fun flirting with someone and not worrying about the consequences of it. It came off naturally to us and, when we're alone like tonight, things easily stepped further even though we'd never acknowledged it afterwards.

These moments used to be our sweet escape to do whatever we wanted and not worry about the implications of it. I wasn't looking for a relationship with anyone, and neither was Taylor, but we did have this strong attraction towards each other that was impossible to ignore. At the same time, we didn't want to jeopardize our friendship, so the best way to keep things the way they were was just not talk about it.

The problem is, we had acted on our attraction days ago and I knew I couldn't expect things to be the same as they were before.

"You really did bring a bottle." I laugh when she comes back to the couch, this time sitting much closer and grabbing a blanket.

"I was actually feeling dehydrated myself, I think my body has a natural reaction to green eyes." Taylor throws the blanket over us and I open my arms to let her settle comfortably on me.

"You keep saying that and I'll start believing I Know Places was written about me." I tease.

She only responds with a twitch on my side that gets a yelp from me and a fit of laughter.

The movie draws our attention once again and we sit comfortably in silence. We had pulled the retractable couch to have more space and the room was completely dark apart from the TV light.

Taylor shifts in my arms, moving one of her legs on top of mine in a subtle way. My hand instantly slides down her back, stopping right at the hem of her shirt. She lets out a sigh when I start to run my fingers up and down her back in a careless way.

She seems to enjoy that and I feel her foot rubbing my leg softly. 

Honestly, it was really nice to be able to act freely with her now. Apart from all the mess that was happening in the world, we created a secret paradise inside my apartment where none of the craziness of reality seemed to exist.

We stay like that for a while, just appreciating each other's touches, until her hands fidget with the collar of my shirt, the feeling of her skin on my chest makes me breathe out uneasy and she moves her leg higher on my thigh.