⚜8⚜ Early morning lessons

Taehyung

I tug on the shoelaces again and again, but I just can't figure out how to fix this. It doesn't help that I'm stressed and there are at least five knots too. I never should've trusted him for even a second. What was I thinking? Now I'll be late without a doubt and the king will scold me about needing to respect other people's schedules and shit. 

Where the hell is Jin anyway? He knew very well that I have a lesson at 10, so why didn't he show up at my room? Did he oversleep? No, that's impossible. He's never been late in his entire life. Either way I'm going to give him an earful when I see him. Might give him a good spanking or something later tonight too. 

Eventually I give up on the laces and pull my feet out of the shoes by force. I'm already late, but I still make haste to the king's study with my shoes in hand. It's on the other side of the castle and by the time I get there I'm out of breath. Both Jungkook and my uncle are standing outside the door waiting for me as I come running. The king is shocked by my disgraceful appearance while Jungkook has to turn away to not laugh his ass off. 

"What in the world is this?" the king asks. "First you're late and then you haven't even bothered to put on your shoes? Your vest isn't buttoned and your collar is crooked too."

"My apologies, it wasn't my intention to show up like this. My servant didn't come this morning and when I asked another one for help he-"

"Save it. We don't have time for your excuses. I'm very busy and this is taking away time from our lesson. Today was supposed to be about social affairs, but I think you're not ready for such discussions yet. We should focus on something more basic first, like trying to manage a schedule." 

He opens the doors to his study and Jungkook and I follow him inside. It's a large room with dark, wooden bookshelves from floor to ceiling. I highly doubt anyone has ever bothered to read any of these dusty things. It's probably just for show. 

As the king leads us further inside to a table, I feel Jungkook's eyes on me. I immediately glare at him when I see the ugly grin on his face. My anger doesn't affect him at all. 

"So your servant didn't show up?" he says. 

"No, and then the guy who messed with me before did this to my shoes. If they'd just done as I told them this wouldn't have happened. None of this is my fault."

"Oh really? You know, if you weren't so dependent on the helpers you could've been just fine. Are you sure you told Jin about the class by the way? He seemed to have forgotten all about it when we were walking around the castle earlier. We had such a great time. To think that you were suffering all on your own while waiting for him to help you is kind of sad."

"Wait a minute. You were with him all along?"

He nods and is clearly enjoying the anger on my face. I've never been good at hiding my emotions. In other words he was intentionally keeping Jin busy to keep him from me, probably just to see me mess up like this. I fucking knew this kid was evil. But a better question is why it worked. Why did Jin forget about me? This hasn't happened before. 

"Why didn't you tell him to do his job?" I ask with annoyance. "You clearly knew we had the lesson."

He snorts at me.

"Why would I do that? It'd be like telling him to bug off, which I most certainly didn't want to do. He's a good man and I enjoy his company a lot." His smile disappears as he adds, "Probably more than you do."

He's even creepier when he doesn't have a smile plastered on his face. Does he actually enjoy being with Jin or is he just trying to do this to get in my way? Either way it's working since Jin apparently forgot about his duties. I don't understand why Jungkook would be so interested in him. Is he trying to steal my servant? Oh, I'm so stupid, of course he is. Jin is the best servant one could ever dream of. As if I'd ever let anyone else have him, especially not Jungkook. Jin is mine and he will be mine forever.