⚜1⚜ New life

Jin

Taehyung frowns like crazy when we get seated in the back of the black limousine. He crosses his arms like a grumpy child and when the car starts driving off I have no choice but to help him put on his seat belt since he's clearly not planning on doing it on his own. I force him to sit properly despite his attempts at slouching in the seat. It's a safety hazard to sit like that in a moving car and I can't let one of the princes of South Korea get injured in case we'd get into an accident. It's my duty as his servant to keep him safe and healthy. 

"Your Highness, please stop acting like this already. Your childish behavior is what caused this in the first place. The best you can do in order to go home quickly is to start acting like a proper royal as soon as possible."

He simply huffs at me and turns his head to look out the tinted window. This is exactly what I'm talking about. His poor attitude has finally made his parents tired of him. For twenty three years they've been trying to teach him how to be polite and kind, but it's hard for someone who's spoiled rotten to truly understand the value of others. Currently we're on our way to the royal castle and it's unclear how long we'll be staying. Could be months for all I know. It depends on how long it'll take for Taehyung to get his head in the game and stop being disrespectful to everyone he meets. 

The goal of this trip is for him to live with the king and queen, but also their son Jungkook, the crown prince who's also Taehyung's cousin. Hopefully Jungkook will be able to set some good examples for him, although from what I've heard the two of them don't get along very well, which is most definitely Taehyung's fault. He has a major superiority complex, so having someone younger than him try to tell him what to do makes his blood boil. I've never met Jungkook in person, but I think he's a good man. Taehyung is just unable to see such things since he's too caught up with himself. 

I've been his personal servant since he was five years old, so since we've grown up together I'm used to his rude acts and harsh words. I think this will be a nice change for him since I doubt he'll be able to look the king in the face and disrespect him like he does with every other person on this planet. He'll be put in his place by someone of higher power. The only person who's been able to control him in the past is his older brother Namjoon, but ever since he started traveling the world as an ambassador a few years ago, Taehyung has been acting up more and more. At this point even I am tired of it and that's saying a lot since I've been putting up with him for years on end without any major problems. 

About twenty minutes into the long car ride, Taehyung stops staring through the window and puts his long legs over my lap. I give him a questioning look and he stares back at me with his cold eyes.

"Take off my shoes," he orders.

"Your Highness, please sit properly."

"The shoes, Jin. Take them off."

Since he ordered me twice I have no choice but to do as he wants. I untie the laces and slide the expensive dress shoes off his feet. He wiggles his toes and I take the hint to remove his socks as well. I place the shoes on the floor and roll up the socks to put in each shoe. He always complains if I put the wrong sock on the wrong foot, so it's best to keep them organized. 

"Massage my feet," he says and since I know there's no use arguing, I simply go ahead and press my fingers against the pressure points where he likes it. He leans back against the seat with a pleased sigh and I'm just happy to take away some of his stress. He's been fighting with his parents about not wanting to go to the castle for weeks on end and he's been grumpy ever since it became clear that he didn't have a choice anymore. 

The massage continues without any complaints from him and I move on to the other foot. I've done this many times and I've actually gotten pretty skilled at it. Not that I would walk around bragging about how good I am at massaging feet. In fact, I don't brag at all. It wouldn't be good for the prince's image since I'm practically an extension to him. I have to be careful with what I say and do, especially since Taehyung likes ruining his own reputation by being an asshole.