Ep 32 - Centuries

EggToPenguin beta'ed this shit :') tysm
(Arc 5 - Timelapse - pt 3)
•<>•<>•<>•
One month ago

Naruto was pretty sure it was a dream.

No, he was sure.

But it still felt a bit too real to be a dream.

It was more like reliving a memory.

And it wasn't his.

-

There was a fight going on, that much was obvious to Naruto. Another figure stood tall before him, clad in an all white outfit. They were far away enough that even Naruto couldn't see details clearly.

Or was that just because it wasn't what he was seeing?

Otherwise, his body moved, his lips moved, but he didn't hear any sounds throughout the fight. It was completely silent. Nothing to be heard. Just flashes of what was probably chakra being thrown at him and his opponent, and his own breathing.

But the uncanny thing was he could feel the raw emotions. Every last bit.

Guilt. Sadness. Pride. Reluctance. Fear.

It constantly barraged him and almost emotionally wore him down.

Inside the head of whoever he was currently occupying (He wasn't sure it was really occupying), he was trying to steady his breathing.

Was there really anything for him to steady?

But there was a sudden spike of emotion that he wasn't expecting that brought him out of his own thoughts to focus on the outside world (If it could really be called that).

The person he was fighting, Indra, was right in front of him (Or them, is he really alone?). A fist came barreling straight at his face. He barely managed to dodge in time. But not before he was able to catch a glimpse of red irises.

Naruto took a step back to recover from the disorientation as he realized one thing.

Did I just call the opponent Indra?

His body jerked again. As he jumped aside from the attack of a Susanoo.

And he's an Uchiha?

Another dodge. Wait.

Why do I know who he is?

Another sudden jolt of realization brought to his attention that he was in control.

The hesitation was brief when he had to leap away from another incoming attack.

Landing the jump, he stared at his hands, curling and uncurling his fingers. Then he clenched his fist and stared at his opponent. Indra's mouth was moving, but Naruto couldn't muster up the motivation to try and read them. His eyes drifted to the surroundings. Dark clouds, plains, minimal trees. Where was he? Well I probably should fight.

His eyes snapped to attention as the opponent - Indra - charged.

Naruto held up a hand, ready to retaliate.

Just before their fists collided, he heard a voice. A male voice, softly whispering into his ears.

"Come, Ashura."

The world went dark.

•<>•<>•<>•

Present Day