Numbing the pain

Nick's POV:
I miss her so much but now I have my new girlfriend (Amelie) , I feel nothing for her she's just there to numb the pain.

I only ended stuff because I hurt her all the time, I lash out and shout which scares her. "I love her!" I say and Chase says "End stuff with Amelie." He says and I say "If y/n doesn't want me back then I don't have her to stop it hurting." I say and he shrugs.

I knew that Amelie was cheating but I couldn't care less as long as she talks to me I'm fine. To be honest I couldn't hate Amelie more then I already do.

I think for a while before saying "I'm gonna break up with Amelie." Chase smiles and says "Sounds like a good plan!" I nod and text her:

Amelie😒

Hey I'm sorry but I want to end stuff with us.

What no you can't!

Yes I can so bye.

Ugh I don't need you anyway bye 👋

"I did it!" I say and as I say it
y/n walks in with the rest. I smile and say "Hey!" To everyone. "Where's your girlfriend?" Y/n says sadly. "We broke up, I didn't like her just wanted to numb the pain." I say quietly so only she hears. "Pain?! You don't care!" She says and tries to run upstairs but I grab her arm "I do, I care about you but I know I'm a shitty boyfriend because I'm scary and I shout at you. I mean well though, I love you
y/n." I say looking down at her, she's crying but she just runs up without a word.

Y/n POV:
You love him and he loves you? You're scared he will hurt you though. It's been nearly 2 weeks and all you can do it think about him.

"Oh for fuck sake!" You scream and you hear a knock at your door "Who is it?" You say crying "Its me!" Chase says. "Come in." You say and he walks in and warps him arms around you.

"Look y/n it doesn't seem like it but Nick really loves you! He started crying when he was looking through your pictures, TikTok and messages. He wants you back but he doesn't want to scare you!" He says softly. "I know but if he hurts me then it's gonna be worse because I will know I shouldn't have trusted him!" You say but Chase says "He won't, trust me!" You think for a minute and just shrug.

"Anyway theres a party tonight wanna come?" He asks and you nod. "Ok get ready and meet us downstairs at like 7:30pm. "Ok is Nick coming?" He nods and you say "Better show him what he's missing out on." He laughs and leaves.

You put on an extremely short, tight, black dress. You straighten your hair and put on natural makeup with red/pink eyeshadow. You wear red heels and then go downstairs. 'Nick looks so hot!' You think to yourself and he stares at you. You go and stand next to him and whisper in his ear "I love you but I need you to prove I can trust you." He nods and smiles widely. 'Maybe he is genuine.' You think.

You just got to the party and you're playing truth or dare. "Y/n truth or dare?" Quinton says. "Dare!" You say immediately. "Kiss Nick!" He says laughing. Nicks face lights up and you say "It'd be my pleasure." You walk up to him and kiss him. 'I miss this!' You think and you feel his bulge on your leg. You pull away and smile widely. He looks so happy and you miss this side of him so much. Alex smiles at you and you smile back.

You play for a while before going to get a drink. Your laughing with Kouvr when you accidentally bump into Nick. "Oh sorry!" He says and looks up. You smile and he takes your hand and walks to the field where he asked you out the first time.

"What're we doing here?" You ask and he says "I miss you, I really do and I love you!" You look at him and say "I love you too Nick but I'm not sure what to do. "You love me though?" He says with tears in his eyes. "Yes but I don't know if to trust you." You say also teary eyed.

You lie next to each other watching the sun set and he says "We should go back to the party." You nod and he stands up, you start to shiver and he gives you his jacket. You thank him, give him a quick hug and go back to the others. "Hey!" You say and sit next to y/f/n. "Hey!" She says obviously drunk. You all talk for a while and you go and get a drink. Griffin is also getting a drink and you talk for a while. Before you know it you're waisted and can barely walk.

You walk over to everyone you came with and sit next to Alex. A cute boy comes and sits next to you. You start conversation and talk for a while before he picks you up and he takes you upstairs. You kick and shout but he won't put you down.

Nick's POV:
"Man I think y/n got a new boyfriend. He's taking her upstairs haha." Ondreaz say to me. "She can barely fucking walk she needs help!" I say jumping up. "Nah man she's fine!" He says pushing me back down. "I'm going to help her!" I shout shoving him out off the way. He moves away scared and I run upstairs.

I check every bedroom and I get one which is locked. I knock and someone shouts "Fuck off!" I'm about to turn away but I hear y/n screams come from the room. I shout but he won't let me in so I kick the door down and run in.

Y/n is lying only in her Bra and underwear. "Get the fuck out!" I shout and he says "She was asking for it dressed like a hoe!" I hit him and he's about to fight back when Alex and Bryce run in. "What the?" Thats when they see y/n on the bed and they pull the boy away taking him downstairs, he's strong so it takes both of them.

I take my shirt off and put it on y/n before gently lifting her up and taking her downstairs. I sit her on my lap and cradle her in my arms. She falls asleep and we all go home.

The whole car journey y/n is cuddling up to me and I'm trying not to cry. We get home and I go to her room and lay her on the bed. When I try to leave she pulls me back to bed and I climb in with her.

Word count: 1177