Chapter Thirty Eight.

*Two months later*

Wednesday

5:00 p.m.

Atlanta, Georgia

Alexis blew kisses to the audience and smiled as she and her cast members walked off of the stage. They'd just finished speaking at a panel for the movie. Promo appearances were in high gear. After Alexis' assault, she immediately threw herself back into her work. She needed a distraction and luckily, work was lined up for her. She aced her appearances, answering questions regarding her movie. She even managed to meet with Christian Siriano to discuss her gown design for the premiere and the fashion show.

She appreciated the support and the love from everyone wishing her well and how much they admired her for being so strong. The sad part was....she didn't even feel like the same Alexis anymore.

She may have looked strong and well put together on the outside, but on the inside, she was lost. Hurt. Fearful. Broken.

She would smile for the cameras and smile for her people, but she would cry whenever she was to herself. How one situation could shake her so much to the point where she felt empty and weak, it bothered her to no end. The dreams and thoughts still haunted her, but she never let anyone know. Not even Marshall.

Even with Dante's arrest and him not ever being able to get close to her again, she still felt disgusting and worthless. She never thought she would feel that way about herself.

She sat in the SUV, watching the other cars go by as her driver took her to the hotel. Her phone vibrated in her hand and she looked to see Sasha calling her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hola, mi amore. How you doing?"

"I'm good, girl."

"Are you sure?"

She sighed, wiping a tear before it managed to fall.

"I'm good, I promise. It's just been a long day." She lied.

"Well, how about this? I'm in Atlanta on business, but I'm leaving early tomorrow morning. How about you and I have a girl's night? We can get some drinks, maybe party a little and add that spark back." Sasha suggested.

"I don't know, Sash."

"Come on, it'll be fun. I know you've been working hard ripping and running around for your film promo. I know you could use a little excitement."

Alexis sighed and pondered on it. She did need some excitement and she needed to let loose a little.

"Sure. What time?" Alexis spoke.

"Perfect! Just text me the address and I'll come by around 8:00."

"Alright, you got it."

"See you soon. Love ya, Lex."

"Love you too."

They hung up with each other and Alexis smiled warmly. She hadn't known Sasha too long, but she was certainly grateful for her.

Once Alexis arrived back at her hotel, her and Antonio took the elevator up to their floor and walked down the hallway to their rooms. Antonio was staying in the room right next to her instead of across per Marshall's orders. Alexis opened the door to her room and saw countless white and pink plumeria bouquets around the room. She gasped and closed the door behind her. She went for the card in the bouquet on the nightstand and read the message.