Chapter One.

Thursday

8:00 a.m.

New York City, New York

Marshall groaned at the constant beeping of his alarm clock and pressed the button to turn it off. He yawned and rubbed the cold from his eyes as he sat up. He lifted his arms into the arms, stretching his body. The pleasant scent of bacon filled his nose and made his stomach growl. He flipped back the covers and swung his legs over to get out of bed and take a shower.

Marshall Bruce Mathers III was his birth name. To the world, he was hip-hop superstar Eminem. Known for albums such as The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show and Encore and the movie 8 Mile, which won an Academy Award for best original song titled Lose Yourself. He was also the owner of his own label, Shady Records. He hadn't released an album since Recovery and Relapse and people were definitely wanting more. One thing about him, he wasn't going to release something just because. He wanted to be as perfect as possible.

He'd been through a lot as a child and even as an adult. He'd struggled with bipolar disorder, being criticized as a rapper for his skin color and even his aggressively explicit and violent lyrics. But that didn't stop him. He battled drug addiction during the filming of 8 Mile due to insomnia and it worsened over time after he lost one of his best friends, DeShaun Holton, also known as Proof from the group D-12. After being hospitalized and almost dying, he cleaned himself up, received the help he needed and remained on the right path which resulted to him talking about the struggles he dealt with in the albums Relapse and Recovery.

After he finished his shower, he dressed himself in a pair of grey baggy sweatpants, a white t-shirt that showed the tattoos on his arms perfectly and black Jordan retro 4s. One of his favorite pairs of sneakers. He had quite a few in different colors. He placed a black Shady Records beanie over his head and placed a silver dog tag around his neck that read "Slim Shady". Another thing about him, he rarely wore a suit. Unless it was to court or a super special event.

He grabbed a leather jacket from the closet, slinging it over his shoulder and walked downstairs. He saw Alexis placing two plates of food onto the table.

Alexis Parsons-Mathers, also known as his wife of almost five years.

Everyone was shocked to find out that the hardcore, hip-hop superstar was getting married again after his failed marriages to Kimberly Scott. Kim was his first love and the two of them went through plenty of hell together before he realized it just wasn't meant for them to be anymore. He tried his best to swear off of relationships and the thought of marriage, but then Alexis came along.

The two originally met at the MTV Video Music Awards after party back in 2003. He saw her from across the room talking to someone and his eyes stayed locked on her. He thought she was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen and he wanted to talk to her. He was nervous deep down inside, but he pushed those feelings aside, channeled his Slim Shady confidence and walked up to her. The two of them spent an hour and a half talking over drinks and they got each other's numbers before he left.

She played hard to get like no other, made it known that she wasn't so easily impressed with his money or his status and she would "break him down like a fraction and divide him" if need be. She made him work to get her and that, he did. She was one of the main inspirations for his song Spend Some Time on his Encore album. She always treated him like Marshall, not Eminem. He liked that a lot.

The two of them began dating in the middle of 2004. It lasted at least six, seven months before she broke it off, saying that his playboy like ways were getting to be too much and she couldn't handle it. Not to mention, their growing and hectic careers weren't a helping factor. The two lost contact for a little while and he remarried Kim in 2006, but that only lasted for a couple of months. He ended up spotting Alexis at a restaurant a few months after his divorce. They conversed briefly and got each other's numbers again. They spent two and a half hours on the phone together, catching up with one another.