Chapter Twelve.

Alexis hummed to herself as she placed the ground beef into the basket. She walked down the aisle and saw Hailie and Alaina running up to her.

"I got the pasta." Hailie told her, placing it into the basket.

"And I got the cheese." Alaina added, also placing it in the basket.

"Thank you, sweetie pies. I appreciate y'all helping me." Alexis smiled.

"You're welcome." Hailie smiled also, "Could we make some brownies too?"

"Sure. I'll make them special. I'll make some Oreo cookie dough brownies."

"Yay!" Whitney clapped her hands cutely.

"That sounds so good. I wish we got more time with you and Uncle Marshall. You always make the best stuff." Alaina told her.

"I know. Your dad and I are some of the most busiest people ever, but we try the best to balance everything. Trust me, if your dad and I could be around you three all the time, we would. I like you girls better than your dad, but don't tell him I said that." Alexis chuckled.

Hailie and Alaina laughed as the four of them began heading towards the baking aisle.

"You're really cool yourself, Lexi. You always make me feel welcome and you're really nice." Hailie said.

"Yeah, same here. Not to mention, you're an amazing singer." Alaina smiled.

"You listen to my music?" Alexis asked, shocked.

"We both do." Hailie spoke up.

"Oh, wow."

"We have all three of your albums that we listen to just about every day." Alaina informed Alexis.

"Aww. That's so sweet." Alexis smiled and grabbed two boxes of brownie mix, handling them to Whitney, "Hold these for me, will you, sweetie?"

"Will you ever make music again?" Hailie asked her, grabbing the sugar and placing it into the basket.

"Yeah, because we'd definitely love to hear more from you. You have such a pretty voice." Alaina added.

Alexis placed the boxes into the basket and nodded, "Yes, I do plan to make music again someday. Just not right now. But it's really cute that you two like my music and that you listen to me."

The two young girls just smiled. After going all over the grocery store and getting the ingredients she needed, Alexis paid for the groceries and walked out of the store towards the car with Hailie and Alaina. They all placed the groceries in the trunk and got in the car before heading back to the apartment. When they got to the apartment, Alexis, Hailie and Alaina took the groceries inside as Whitney stood to the side and Alexis saw Marshall and Nathan sitting on the couch joking with each other.

"Y'all better get over here and help us with these!" Alexis told them.

Marshall and Nathan rushed and grabbed the groceries from them, walking into the kitchen.

"Do you need help with anything, Lexi?" Alaina asked her.

"Hmm, you know what? I'd like that a lot." Alexis smiled.

"We'd be happy to help." Hailie nodded her head, "Come on."

Alexis walked into the kitchen and Hailie and Alaina to see Marshall and Nathan finishing up with placing the groceries on the counter.

"Thank you for helping, fellas. Now get out." Alexis joked partially.

"Damn, that's the way you gon' treat the man you married to?" Marshall pouted playfully.