Chapter Twenty Five.

*Two weeks later*

Saturday

7:15 a.m.

New York City, New York

Alexis was sound asleep until she heard her phone going off. She groaned softly and reached for her phone, looking at the screen to see Sasha's name. She cleared her throat and pressed accept.

"Hello?" She answered groggily, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, boo!" Sasha exclaimed excitedly in her ear.

"Sasha, it's..." She paused to look at the time on her phone, "7:15 in the morning and you're calling me all chipper when I just got home four hours ago. It's my day off and I finally have a day to sleep in."

"I know, I know. But you and I have somewhere to go today. There's a special surprise waiting for you and I've been instructed to get you up and take you where it is. So wake up and get dressed. I'm in a designated car and I've got you a hot French vanilla latte from Starbucks waiting for you, so come on, sleeping beauty."

Alexis sighed, "Alright, alright. I'll be ready in a few."

"Great! See you soon. Love ya." She blew a kiss into the phone and hung up.

Alexis placed her phone on the nightstand and yawned, flipped the covers back. She wasn't surprised to not see Marshall in the bed next to her. He told her that he had to go to the office earlier than normal, but he wanted her to enjoy her day off and relax. She got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom to shower and complete her whole daily skin and hygiene routine. She hoped whatever surprise Sasha had was worth her losing out on her sleep.

When she was done, she applied lotion to her body and put on a pair of black lace panties. She walked into the closet and grabbed her white cami dress and a pair of white and gold Giuseppe Zanotti sneakers. She sprayed on Fantasy by Britney Spears and brushed her hair before throwing a white dad cap on her head. She heard the doorbell ring and grabbed her phone along with her purse as she walked from the bedroom to the stairs.

She opened the door to see Sasha smiling and holding two grande sized Starbucks cups.

"Morning, boo. This is yours." She greeted her, handing her the drink. "I got them to put classic syrup inside to make it sweet instead of adding a whole bunch of packets."

"Thank you." Alexis smiled softly and took the drink from her, "Now where are you taking me?"

"Ah, ah. If it wasn't a surprise, I'd tell you. Now come on before we're late. Just trust me when I say you're gonna love it."

Alexis sighed and nodded her head, taking a sip of her latte. She closed the door behind her and the two of them got into the back of the matte black Mercedes G-Class SUV. The driver pulled off onto the road while Alexis and Sasha conversed about what they had been up to recently since they last saw each other. After a twenty five minute drive, they arrived at the Sofitel hotel. Alexis raised her eyebrow skeptically as her and Sasha got out of the car.

She saw a woman with light caramel toned skin who looked to be just a few years older than her smiling at the two of them. She was dressed in a black sleeveless asymmetrical dress with matching peep toe heels.

"Hi, Alexis Parsons-Mathers, right?" She greeted her.

"That's me." Alexis confirmed.

"Hi, I'm Sophia Plume. If you and your friend will follow me, we'll get started." She smiled.