6.EQUATIONS.

Mulai dari awal

"Do you perhaps have a motion you need to convey?"

"Oh, no! I was just talking to myself about how fluffy and insubstantial a mushroom could be," she shook her hand.

To that he didn't deem it fit to reply.

"Are there more rules that I need to adhere to, Sir." It was those kinds of smiles you offer to individuals who still believe the earth is flat.

"Indeed, yes. Now get to work!"

Taking slow steps inside she kept the documents she brought beside his Laptop. She sat by the visitor's chair.

His coffee was placed by his left hand side. Occasionally, she will notice how his slim fingers wrap themselves around the handle and wonder if they are soft and delicate. He would gently place it by his lips and sip yet his eyes never left the work he was focused on. He looked somewhere between calm and serene but his posture and eyes screamed power.

She scrolled through her tablet and read out his schedule. All through were meetings, and she couldn't believe how packed his schedule was.

It was slightly past noon and all through the day Farouq had worked her ass of; from answering and redirecting phone calls to him, to scheduling and rescheduling meetings.
She followed him like a tail all through the day and made sure to stay three feet behind him, like he ordered. It was finally time for lunch, and she couldn't wait for some nicely cooked meal.

She ordered her lunch which was fried rice and ate in solitude. She didn't bother to go down, the silence in her office was comforting.

For the next hour, she worked with Alex, Mr. Ibrahim's secretary, in setting the small conference room for a meeting, making sure the agenda was printed out and what not.

Alex was a really nice man probably in his early fifties. Thanks to him, she got a hang of how things go on around the office. She learned about the weekly staff assembly that happens each Monday by each department and it's staff. It was one of the company's protocols.

There were about five other people excluding Leila and Christopher when Farouq made his entrance. Greetings were exchanged and she handed out the printed agenda.

The meeting started with introductions and the first speaker spoke about the fluctuating stock market and how other subsidiaries weren't doing as much as they should. After he was done, the next speaker introduced himself as Mr. Saeed.

" The program itself needs minimal revolution. The kids and youths are separated and there in might I add they practice a lot. According to the phrase, practice makes perfect' I think they are where we need them to be. The fact that they have a chance of getting a job is a huge motivation especially to the youth. This, though, has brought a lot of controversial issues on why young kids and youths should not be offered a job or any internship here without the certificates because most workers with higher certificate of education and practice find it degrading. On the other hand, some members are not appreciative of the fact that you are trying to expand the program because it brings little or no benefit to the company in general but rather call it a liability to the company. But a few think it is a good marketing strategy for it gained the company it's reputation. The target mainly is for kids and youth." Mr. Said, his eyes diverted from the PowerPoint back to the group before he continued.

For the amount of time Mr. Saeed was speaking the room fell silent. It was only after he was done that Farouk took over.

"What is the company's major, Mr saeed?"

"Err... Oil and gas, real estates, hotels and other subsidiaries."

"What is my main focus as of now?"