eight

"His doctor recommended him to eat his pills on time since that may increase his time by a few weeks, hopefully months, but he didn't listen. He cried every night with his phone in his hand, debating to tell you he's sorry, and that he never meant any of the mean things he said. I was there with him, so I know."

But you see, the girl couldn't handle it. Xin Ae couldn't handle it with her own weak heart. She broke down in the middle of Namjoon's sentence, unable to hold back her tears as her shoulders bob up and down.

"But no matter how much he wants to tell you, it is only real that he would be gone before you even know it."

She took all her strength to straighten up again, brushing away the fallen tears on her face.

Why? Why did he want to suffer in silence?

"Okay, so..." Her voice quavered despite her trying her hardest to stablize her thoughts.

"It's not your fault that he chose to do this, he might have his reasons. We have to respect that," Namjoon stated, sounding serious and matter-of-factly.

Her tears were still flowing rapidly, and her sobs got naturally louder and louder again. She stomped her feet in anger and regret, shaking uncontrollably as she reached out to Channette for a hug.

"I'm so sorry," she patted Xin's back as she cried, desperately only wanting to embrace him, to feel his warmth, even if it's just for a moment, for the last time. But she couldn't, she didn't even know when he had passed on to the afterlife.

"Hold onto that safe drive, and play it when you're feeling better."

When will I ever? Nope, not now, at least.

Xin left the house with the safe drive clenched so tightly in her hands, she didn't even flinch if it had the potential to hurt her, or if it would break into a million pieces on her palm. She'd be careful of the latter though.

She had to see this, even if it means to cry all over again.