six

December 22nd, 2014.

In Memory of

Kim Seok Jin

12.4.1995~12.20.2014

Though absent you are always near, Still loved, still missed and very dear.

His mother, along with one girl, stood by the side as the six boys and his father find a spot in the consecrated ground to bury the urn of cremated ashes. Tears were threatening to fall from the girl's eyes, and she could not say anything else, other than the sobs lined up in her throat.

Once they were done, no voices were audible as the mourning kept getting louder and louder.

Everyone was past the stage of devastation, now on the regrets of many occasions.

The girl adjusted her black dress and walked to his mother, trying to comfort her by laying a hand on the older's shoulder.

As the small ceremony ended, his parents had offered to drive them back to campus and the rest absentmindedly nodded. After all, they could not help but think of one person; Xin Ae.

One-sided love, only now I knew how much it hurts.

Sometimes, Xin would wonder how he was doing, but she knew it was not a flicker of an eye, a click of a finger to find out the answer. What was she to do? His friends were avoiding her, though she wasn't sure what she had done to upset them all.

Xin always made a mental note to keep my distance from Jin, until there was never a glimpse from him anywhere at any hour.

Bury these feelings I kept for him deep at the back of my heart, hoping they would disappear by themselves and never leave a trail.

"Coming to think of it, why haven't we seen him for so long?" Xin mumbled to her friend, Chanette whom just returned to school only when the last lesson was over. Claimed she had an upset stomach, and Xin didn't put much thought into it.

Suddenly Channette froze in place, leaving Xin Ae dumbfounded when she walked ahead, alone. "Channette? Hello?"

When Xin glanced at her, puzzled, she looked away and shrugged. "Mianhe, Xin-ah. I was... Thinking."

Xin knew though, that something was up with her friend. "Yah, what's with your face? You look as dull as your gothic-looking dress."

Looking up and down at the simple black dress her body was covered in, Xin giggled, finally catching on- Or so she thought. "Why you dressed like that? Hoping to get somebody's attention?"

Just then, a boy of at least six foot had walked to their side. Xin's smile vanished, slamming open her locker almost immediately.

Talking to him made her feel wrong. He was, after all, Seokjin's close friend.

He held her wrists, holding het back no matter how she pulled away. "Namjoon, please let go."

"Wait, I have something to say!"

Xin shook her head, "Then hurry up, I don't have all the time in the world."

"Jin t-transferred, did you know?"

What?

Sneering, Xin could not believe she almost fell for that. Obviously she could not take it for real. "Oh yeah? What school?"

Halfway waiting for his response, she decided to get back on what she was doing to prove that he wasn't that interested. That was what Seokjin wanted, right?

It took a while before he stammered some stupid excuse, "Uh, Seoul Arts Institution?"

That even came out sounding like a question.

"So, what is your point?" Xin continued to walk, not sparing him a glance.

He trailed behind Chanette who was giving him the eye, "Don't you want to see him? Come with me and I'll take you."

"And why exactly should I? He doesn't want to see m-"

"You would regret for the rest of your life."

"Funny. I don't feel threatened at all." Xin rolled her eyes, gaining a nudge from Channette.

"What? You want me to go?" Xin asked her friend and she nodded quietly.

"Absurd."

Bowing, Namjoon pointed the way out. "After you, miss."

REMEMBER TO SMILE. x bts seriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें