In love

After lunch, I was about to go to the hospital when a young boy caught my attention, a boy whose hair are like the color of chestnut, he was quiet npt in a preservative way, more like out of painful shyness, he looked at me and gave me a bouquet of flowers, the way he handed me the flower gave me an idea that he is like a glass that seems so fragile. "I'm selling flowers, please buy this."

I gave him one thousand bill, he was about to took money at his small bag when I stopped him and told him that he should take the change. His clothes are two times smaller than it should be, exaggerating his skinniness. I bought a dozen of cupcakes from the restaurant, I was about to give it to Belle, but this kid... It looks like it is just what he need, food.

The moment I set my foot at the hospital, the figure of Belle is what my eyes are searching for.

I was going to ask the woman at the fromt desk when Belle hugged me from behind. "What took you so long?" she asked and held my hand.
"Your hands are warm."

"Let's go home, I'll tell you
something." she held my hands as we walk outside, she looks like holding his lover's hand, with comfort and care... What the?! Lover? Me? Oh no. Erase! I'll stop thinking.

I opened the door for Belle and she walks straight ahead like it was nothing. Didn't she feel anything? Right she's like a robot emotionless.

"What are you going to tell me Knight?" Belle asked, while cleaning up Clay's mess.

"I'll be gone for a week. Work. I'm worried of you, and Clay." I told her and help her clean the mess. Belle fixed the pillows on the sofa, removing every wrinkle that could be seen. Suddenly, she stopped, looking at me straight on the eyes. I sat on the
Sofa, She looked at me and sat at the floor in front of me. She held my hand. "Don't leave me." she said. She held my hand tighter and makes our fingers intertwined. "Don't."

"I'll be back, one week will be over before you even know it." I told her. I caress her face and remove strios of her hair that was stuck on her cheeks, she doesn't have that rosy cheeks woman wants, she's pale, too pale. "How bout I'll ask Joy to be with you so you won't be alone, I'll also call you." Belle doesn't look convinced. "There's nothing I can do right?" She whispered.

"Let's go I'll bake cupcakes for you." Belle stood up and made her way to the kitchen. I'll miss her. her gestures, her creepy smile, her emotionless eyes... What am I saying? I won't miss her. Yup. I won't.

Belle watched me as I bake. She seems interested so I taught her how to bake cupcakes. Belle and Clay was eating when Joy called.

"Hey." She said.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, you'll be gone for a week right? Are you done preparing your stuff?" Joy asked.

"Not really, can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Remember Belle? she actually lives with me."

"Are you serious?! Your dad will be mad."

"She's not alive nor dead, I know you know that."

"Hmm... I don't. Why are you even worried?" Do I sound worried? I am not?

Who am I kidding I care about Belle for some unknown reason. I better think of a great alibi or else Belle will be used to threaten me, I also don't want her hurt.

"Because, I benefit from her. Uncovering her secrets will make me powerful." I lied, I have no intention as bad as that.

"Fine." Joy said.

"Pack up your things, stay here at my house."

"Knight I am not a babysitter."

"Please sweetie just this once."

"Ok you won Knight. I'll be there tommorow." she said and ended the call. Joy is nice we've been friends for a long time, she really can't resist me haha.

After eating, we watched different movies as pass time. Couple of movies passed and it's already night. We ate and prepared ourself to bed.

Clay was already sleeping, I locked the doors quietly and close every windows, for safety. I went to my room and tucked myself to bed.

"Knight!" mom called, dad's wife. I hugged her tight, makes her chukled.
"Are you happu now Knight?" She asked and pinched my cheeks. After several seconds she turned her back, and move farther, away from my reach. I ran unto her, hoping to catch her, she stopped. I was so near...

Everything was just a dream. I missed mom, she's the only one who stayed with me when everyone turned their backs on me.

I opened my eyes, only to find Belle sitting on the floor, beside my bed. I closed my eyes prentending that I'm still sleeping, Then, I felt her hands removing strip of my hair that is resting on my forehead. Her fingers accidently brushed on my skin, so cold. I grabbed her hands, she looked at me. "Knight, you're awake." she said. She dropped her sketch pad. I picked it up and saw a sketch of me, sleeping, her drawing is good. It's great! Then she took it from me. "Sleep Knight, You need it." I took the sketch pad again! You see she is very good at it. "Give it back!" she said in a loud voice. Even when speaking no emotion can be traced.

She was about to grab the sketch pad when she tripped, making her push me at my back, landing on top of me, her hands are still reaching for the pad. Suddenlu, butterflies are already on my stomach, heart beating so fast. Belle was just keeping her eyes at mine, holding the stare. Oh no Belle, What have you done to me?

She quickly got up and toom her pad, leaving me alone at my room, frozen about what happened. Why am I feeling this? Heck I'm a man! Knight forget what just happened. I inhaled and exhaled deeply and closed my eyes. The moment I closed my eyes I keep on remembering what happened. Knight this is bad, I told myself.

I'm just over reacting. I should stop. I got up from bed. I won't be able to sleep now. I went into the kitchen to get some water, Belle is already there, looking at me like nothing happened. I went to the fridge when Belle hugged me from behind. My heart went crazy again! Am I sick? No no no.

I sprinted to the living room and contacted Phoenix.  I was glad that after a few ring she picked it up.

"What Knight?!" He asked angrily.

"I have something to ask."

"Do you know what time is it?! Go with your question."

"I had butterflies at my stomach a while ago."

"Maybe you only need to poop."

"No! you! We'll my heartbeats fast and it feels like time froze at the moment. Now it feels like something heavy was lifted upon me."

"Knight! You're in love!" Phoenix said.

"That is dumb." Phoenix is useless. I ended up the call and packed up my things.