Kiss

Back to the welcoming door that when opened, paved way to a wide hallway, upon walls were sepia photograph, memories of a life that's been loved. The windows are huge and seemingly inspired by something new. Comforting wallpapers that imitated the warmth of the sun. There wasn't a single square meter without living and organic material in sight. Every line is clear and straight, The color scheme is brown and silver. At the left corner, a peeking floating stairways is what you'll see, leading to the upper part of the house. Every room is polished and screams sophistication. This house reflected mom's personality, she designed this house. Everytime I set my foot in this house, it never failed to remind me of my mom.

"Be careful everyone, I don't want you two ruining pieces of this house." I said, the parrot seems like it didn't heard what I just said. Belle held my hands and looked at me. "This looks like the scene from the show you always put on the television." I think that show is eating her up. I was caught off guard when she tiptoed and kiss my cheek. What the?! I was about to grab her, but she tripped over a cat, making her fall on top of me... Never I have notice that time is like water, it passes slowly, a drop at a time. I got lost at her angel-like face but expressionless. She's beautiful... Every piece of her is unique... She pushed herself up and I got up as well. "I should go now" I said, My heart beats unusual, it could probably be the coffee this morning, you know coffee spike in blood pressure and heart rate. Yup, just the coffee.

I checked my email, Mr. Je sent me an email for the revision of my conclusion. Belle just kissed me? How could she if she's emotionless? She more or less felt nothing about the kiss, I should forget it... It's no big deal. How can I work if the image of her keeps on bugging me... I need to work right now, I inhaled and exhaled and started to revise my work.

After 5 hours straight of working, I got out of my room and streches my body. Where could Belle possibly be? I searched the living room but no sign of her, kitchen, still no trails of her, I heard a voice at the garden, It's Belle! I ran unto her and face her while cathing my breath, she looked at me straight into my eyes. She said, "Look some white thingy is falling from the sky." while pointing to the sky.

"It's snow."

"It feels cold."

"We should go back inside" I took her hand and place it on mine, I just realized doing this makes me comfortable.

We went inside, straight to the kitchen, I need to prepare us dinner. While cooking Fried chicken, Belle called me.

"What is this?" she asked.

"It's a pendant, Mom always wore that way back then. It's something precious"

"What is precious?" she asked innocently.

"It's something that you value, it's like a treasure."

"What if it went missing?"

"I'll be in despair, I guess." she suddenly placed the small jar where the pendant is placed.

We ate dinner together, this time Belle volunteered to was the dishes, I don't trust her with that chore, but she stared at me with her dead eyes which is indeed creepy, I agreed to her request but I stayed beside her and taught her how to handle that certain chore.

Bed time, after we finished preparing ourself to sleep, I remembered Belle doesn't sleep, I went inside my room as I tuck myself to bed, I left Belle at the living room and reminded her not to go outside because it's cold. I closed my eyes, I should fall into slumber.

My door opening woke me up, I checked the clock on the cabinet nearby, It's 12 am! I pretended that I'm still asleep, I saw Belle walked towards me and looked at me as she tilted her head, she pull the blanket closer to my chest and sat on the floor, still looking at me. How could I sleep like this? It's uncomfortable. She brushes the hair that was laying still on my forehead and sat on the floor again. Her touch felt as cold as ice, not caring even if my heart froze. Does she really have nothing to do?

I opened my eyes and got up, she looked at me, I held her hands and led her to one of my rooms, I remembered her drawing something on the walls... I guess this will help, I handed her some brushes, watercolor book, and acrylic paint. "You said when everything is at rest, you looked at those that moves. I want you to paint everything you see."

"Okay." she said.

She landed her fingers at my latest painting, tracing every details, memorizing every stroke. "Do you uhm... like it?" I asked shyly.

"It's colorful." she said.

We headed out of the room, I told her to paint something while I sleep. She nodded her head in an instant. I left her at the balcony, since it's a great place to paint.

The memories of Belle effortlessly looking beautiful as she paint was stuck on my head. Tommorow, I'll be bringing some laboratory equipments to uncover the secrets of her existence, I'll be asking her where she came from? Would it be better if I just bring her to the lab? But something in me keeps on telling me to make her stay by my side, to protect her.