*Bonus Chapter

*As I was coming up with ideas for an epilogue, I came up with another option that I really loved and couldn't get rid of. So, instead of leaving it in my head, I've decided to write it as a bonus chapter. That way, you- my lovely readers- can all pick your favorite*

~ ❈ ~

In the Eyes of the Beholder

*This one takes place in the 1970s and was supposed to be a precursor to a potential Marauders Era time travel story that I have decided not to write on account of laziness*

~ ❈ ~

"Remember, Miss Evans," McGonagall instructed firmly, "You cannot tell anyone you have this in your possession."

Lily gulped and gave her favorite professor a determined nod, "I promise, Professor."

"Good." McGonagall appraised, her stoney expression softening, "Now run along, it's getting quite late, and you didn't hear this from me, but there's a rumor going around that the old, batty Transfiguration teacher of yours is thinking of giving a pop quiz tomorrow."

Lily grinned at her and turned towards the door, "Thank you again, Professor!"

McGonagall watched the bright witch leave her classroom, feeling nothing but pride for the muggle-born. She had no doubt in her mind that she made the right decision giving the redhead the coveted time turner.

Shifting her school books to one arm, Lily dug the time turner from the protective purple pouch McGonagall had given her and adorned it around her neck as she made her way back to Gryffindor Tower.

Lily could feel the magic pulsing from the necklace mingle with her own, smiling at the tickling feeling it left her, and couldn't help but marvel at the power she possessed in her hand. Being careful not to turn the dial, she reveled in its beauty as the moon's reflection glimmered across its golden surface, lost in awe that such a tiny, fragile object could hold such potential for her.

So caught up in how the time turner would allow her to attend more classes, she almost didn't hear the hurried footsteps coming from behind her until the familiar baritone voice called out, "Oh, Lily Flower!"

Snapping her head up, she quickly tucked the necklace into her robes and whirled around to the last person she'd ever want to find out about the time turner, James Potter.

However, in her haste, her schoolbooks and parchments slipped from her arm and dropped to the floor. Causing the two seventh years to cringe as the crash reverberated down the silent corridor.

"What are you doing here, James?" Lily sighed, bending down to pick up her mess.

James adjusted his glasses before kneeling to help his crush, saying, "I had a meeting with Slughorn."

Lily stopped putting her parchments in order and looked at the hazel-haired boy in front of her unconvinced, "What were you really doing?"

"Why, Lily Flower," James gasped playfully, "I would never lie to you."

The redhead searched his mischievous hazel eyes, looking for some sort of answer to where he had actually been. But, while his voice held its usual teasing lilt, his eyes showed nothing but seriousness.

Taken back by the sincerity of his words, Lily looked down at the parchments in her hand and began sorting them again. Hiding the slight blush adorning her cheeks.

After successfully putting her notes in proper order, she reached for the pile of books sitting on the floor, but before she could reach it, James had gathered them in his hands and stood up.