Chapter 11

June 25, 2019 *Present Day*

Harry's POV

I trailed after Ginny and Nina as they joined the crowd exiting the Longbottom's ballroom. Keeping track of my beautiful wife's emerald green dress as the bottom swayed and sparked in my equally emerald eyes.

A small smile spread across my face as I remembered the first time she showed me her dress. She had walked out of our bedroom closet, nose scrunched up like it does whenever she's deep in thought, and pulled something from behind her back and held it up to my face. 

When I tried to look at it she quickly grabbed my face and turned it back, shushing me before I could even ask what she was doing. 

Nodding her head in satisfaction, she quickly shoved it behind her back, but I had already caught a peak. I told her how it was a good thing she was a Gryffindor because she's not very good at being sneaky like the snakes. 

She snorted at me and as she hung up her dress in the walk-in closet told me, "Everyone's always complimenting your eyes, so I decided to get a dress to match them. Besides, now everyone will know who your eyes belong to."

I shook my head at the memory, feeling my heart warm towards Ginny, just like it did when I first fell in love with her.

I remember staying over at the Burrow back when were still at Hogwarts, playing exploding snap with the Weasleys and sneaking glances at Ginny from across the room. I can still recall the look on her face as she walked into the kitchen after the twins had thrown a dung bomb into her room. My first thought was how she looked adorable with her face screwed up in an angry pout, the second was how strong I thought she was as she gave them a nasty bat bogey hex. She truly was a Gryffindor, but then again she has to be brave when she has six older brothers to deal with. 

The swish of her dress stopped, snapping me out of my memories, and I joined my wife with our friends outside of the Longbottom's apparition wards.

"Everyone ready to get back to the kids?" George asked after finishing his mini reunion with Lee Jordan. The group all mumbled their agreement when I had an idea. 

"Actually, why don't you all take the night off?" I hesitantly looked over at Ginny and seeing her look of approval I continued, "The kids haven't had a family sleepover in a while and Gin and I have more than enough room at Grimmauld Place."

"Are you both sure you're alright with this?" Hermione furrowed her brows. 

"Of course, the kids haven't done this since Albus and Rose both started at Hogwarts. They'll love it!" Ginny reassured.

Hermione, Ron and Nina beamed and started chatting about how they were gonna spend their night of relaxation. When Cole growled out,

"No way. I don't trust your son to keep his grubby hands off my angel."

I rolled my eyes, a retort on my tongue when Nina whispered in Cole's ear and his frown turned into a smirk. I really don't wanna know what she just promised him. 

"On second thought," Cole grinned, "you're Harry Potter! I'm sure that you are more then capable of protecting my daughter from a flirtatious, handsy..."

Cole's grin started drooping with each thought of James and quickly started shaking his head no. Nina quickly whispered and his ear again and he sighed in resignation.

"You better watch her Harry. I want them six feet apart at all times! No, that's too little, 10 feet apart!" He pointed sternly, "I don't care if she's choking and James is the closest one to her! Yell for Rose, I'm sure Hermione made sure she knew CPR-