Chapter 14

Lena's POV-1995

Thundering footsteps running down the stairs shook the house, leaving nothing but the tinkling echoes of laughter in its wake, stirring me from my sleep. Rolling onto my back, I looked around the room noticing I was the last one up, and was clearly abandoned for the delights Molly no doubt whipped up for breakfast.

The buzzing of voices permeated through the walls and whispered in my ears like a soothing lullaby. I focused on each voice, matching it to its person, smirking when I recognized Fred(I)'s deep, boisterous laugh, snickering at Hermione's famous, stern, no nonsense voice and smiling softly as I took comfort in Cole's playful banter.

Yet, as I listened closer there were voices I couldn't identify, the next generation, acting as a reminder that everything that happened yesterday was real, although I wish it was a dream.

I let out a sigh as my eyes focused on Ginny's Holyhead Harpies posters, too lost in thought to really see them. A ball of lead filling my stomach as I recalled all the things the next generation have told us. So many people I love, killed by that monster.

I shook the thought from my mind. I couldn't afford to think such things for it will only torture my mind. Making me anxious, fearful and depressed as I wait for the days in which I will fail at saving my family. Instead I wanted to enjoy the few moments I had left with them like today.

Sitting up I left the fear for my loved ones behind with my sleep and instead embraced the happy moments in the future like marrying Cole, becoming a mother in less than two years, and most importantly the defeat of He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

With nothing but warm thoughts I stood up, grabbing a change of clothes and walked across the hall to the bathroom. Smiling softly as I switched out my striped pajamas for the soft pink sundress I wore on my first date with Cole.

Spitting out the remainder of my toothpaste, I checked myself over in the mirror, deeming myself ready and placed my hand on the door knob when two loud screams reverberated through the air.

Whipping the door open I dashed down stairs and just barely had time to stop as the kitchen door swung open and a furious Albus and Rose stomped out with beaks on their faces and horns above their ears, squawking for Teddy and Ty.

I put a hand over my mouth to conceal my giggles but they both just glared at me clearly unamused with their situation.

"They're with the others playing with Buckbeak." I said as best as I could, but a chuckle made its way through and they both rolled their eyes and marched up the stairs.

Shaking my head, I walked into the kitchen and started drooling at the sight of Molly's homemade french toast. I never bothered eating them whenever I was at school for even the elves at Hogwarts could never compare to her cooking. She had ruined french toast for me, but I could never be more happy about it.

As I made my way into the kitchen I smiled and waved at everyone sitting at the magically extended table. Making sure to greet a good morning to each person and kiss Ella and Molly on the cheek before taking my seat with Ginny and Hermione at the other end of the table.

Hermione shook her head at me with a smile once I finally finished my round of good mornings. She was used to me doing this everyday at Hogwarts. I firmly believed that every morning should be started with a smile. It only took one person with a positive attitude to make your day and I was more than happy to be that person.

I looked around the room satisfied with everyone's wider smiles and more animated attitudes. With the Death Eaters coming out of hiding, the death of Cedric and Dementors attacking Harry, people struggled to smile now more than ever, and from what we've been told it would only get worse.