*Chapter 18

*Here it is! After a little over a year, I finally present to you the last chapter of Time Turner Mishaps. I hope you all enjoyed it!*

June 26, 2019

It took a minute for anyone to realize the time turner had stopped. Everyone continued clutching the chain, either fearfully wondering if they landed in the correct year or grieving the loss of their loved ones for the second time.

All Cole could do was blink at the faces of those who had just returned from the past. Harry's haunted eyes seemed just a shade lighter, and whether or not he realized it, George still wore a soft smile on his face as he stared blankly at the seat Fred (I) sat in as he was obliviated.

As he looked around, he realized everyone looked a bit more at peace than they originally were. Even the kids who never knew their relatives, no matter how distant or blood-related, wore an air of contentment around them as they felt more connected with their late family.

Cole himself felt lighter than he had in years, no longer weighed down by the guilt and grief of losing his first wife and best friend. Yet, as his gaze fell on his kids, his smile dimmed slightly as he saw Davina turn her body into Ty's side to get away from him.

The kitchen doors burst open before he could even open his mouth to ask her what was wrong.

"Thank Merlin, you're all ok!" Fleur cried as she rushed toward her children. Angelina and Ron followed close behind.

Hermione quickly gathered the time turner, cast a spell to retract the chain, and placed it into a secure box Ron handed her. No one would go on this little "adventure" ever again, and she made sure of it when she cast multiple wards on the box.

Angelina began directing people into the sitting room so there was more room and everyone could reunite with their family.

The Potters were the first to rush through the door, eager to see their mother. Despite the trouble James was in, even he was anxious to see Ginny. Although he had a blast meeting his deceased relatives and landing the girl of his dreams, a part of him was scared he had messed up so bad that he'd never see his parents again, let alone return to 2019.

Everyone seemed to pile out after them, leaving the privacy of the kitchen to the Granger-Weasley family. From the corner of his eye, Cole could see Rose and Hugo tightly hugging their father's waist, refusing to let go, as Ron ran his hands through their frizzy hair.

It's always been difficult for the redhead to show affection to his loved ones or admit his feelings. Yet, as Cole watches him lean down and kiss the top of his kids' heads as Hermione beams with tears in her eyes, Cole can honestly say with no doubt in his mind that Ron loved his family.

Feeling a bump to his side, Cole looked down to see Davina squeeze past him in the doorway, throwing him a disappointed look over her shoulder as she put an excited Benji down, quickly running towards his mother's waiting arms.

Davina silently trailed after him, not even hesitating before engulfing Nina in a big hug, ignoring her little brother's cries. The two women chuckle as he dramatically gulps for air and kisses his chubby cheeks apologizing for smushing him.

Cole sighed at the sight, realizing he had more apologies to give. Ty's pat on the back only confirms he messed up as the two men join their family's hug. Both give Nina a kiss on the cheek in greeting as the woman looks over her children for any scrape or bruise her eyes may have missed when they first came in.

"We're fine, Mum." Davina smiled fondly, "Promise. Not even a scratch."

"That's not true. I really hurt my back when I landed in the past." Ty pouted.