The Beauty of Mirkwood

Hi! This is my first book on wattpad. I know the chapter is short but if you like it there will be longer chapters in the future. I promise! What do you think will happen?

Tauriel walked past the main woodland gate heading into the forest. She closed her eyes for I mid second to feel the air and sun hitting her skin. Opening her eyes she went to her group of patrol where Legolas was waiting. "Right on time" Legolas said with satisfactions read all over his face. "Which side are we patrolling?" Tauriel said, as she walk past Legolas looking deeper into the forest."The west" he answered, he yelled in elvish to the guards to go into the west while Legolas and Tauriel followed.

Tauriel spotted a spider and quickly she jumped out of the tree and on to it's back. Grabbing her two daggers she stab it's head and quickly let go while she slid under the spider cutting while sliding. Another spider came and while it did one came behind her. As it was about to sting her Legolas shot it and ran pasted her deeper into the woods.

As Tauriel and Legolas were walking back to the place when she asked, " Legolas, Mellon I know you are upset. What happen this morning with your father?" She knew she shouldn't be asking but yet it hurt her seeing him like this, he was not himself. He sighed, "I am betrothed to my long time friend Amlaruil." He didn't want to tell her, he never wanted to admit that he could never be with his Tauriel. Tauriel froze yet she still walked, "of course, he is a prince and he will somehow be with someone his father will accept. Why do I have to love the way I do? He is my fellow brother, he is my friend and will always be my friend.."

"Tauriel" said Legolas. " I got to give the report" said Tauriel walking past him quickly and swiftly. Stucking up her emotions and moist eyes. Not even her trust worthy friend Legolas seen her cry. But there was one time she let herself cry, it was the time her mother died.
[Flashback]

Tauriel ran down the spiral stairs chocking and sniffing so nobody could hear her. She ran out to the courtyard when the moon was full and the stars danced. She let a tear roll down her cheek, feeling that tear made her feel so vulnerable . She looked up into the stars when someone called her. "Tauriel are you crying?". It was Legolas looking at her in disbelief. She quickly rubbed her tears away but yet her face was red. "Tauriel, what's troubling ?" She paused, but she the let him in. "My mother, she had past." she was surprised she got her words out and began to cry. By that she felt Legolas's hand on her red hair slowly stroking it and his other hand embracing her tighter. "Tauriel you will get through this, you are strong. Remember that, and remember I will always be here with you, always."

She smiled at that memory. " I know you are there, why do you linger in the shadows." She walked down saying," I was coming to report to you." She bowed her head to Thranduil, as he continued, " I thought I ordered that nest to be destroyed not two minutes pass." Looking at her then looking away. She took a step to the side and turned, walking while saying, "We cleared the forest as ordered my lord but more spiders keep coming up from the south." Then she paused, " they are spawning in the ruins of Dul Guldur, if we could kill them at their source." Trying to convince him he only cut her off by saying," that fortress lies beyond out borders, keep outer land clear of those foul creatures that is your task." Her anger rose and so did her voice, arguing, " and if we drive them off, when then, will they not spread to other lands." He answered, "other lands are not my concern, fortunes of this world will rise and fall but here in this kingdom we will endure."

She bowed once more and took her leave until Thranduil muttered, "Legolas said you fought well today." She smiled and looked up at The elven king but then realized he was betrothed. She quickly said , " I usurer you my lord, Legolas thinks of me no more than a captain of the guard." She felt a pain when she said that, knowing to was not real. " Maybe he did once, now I am not so sure." He said walking pasted her. She wanted to leave she was so desperately, so she was about to say something she didn't want to say, she knew she would regret it forever. " I do not think you would allow your son to pledge himself to a lowly silvan elf." Knowing what the answer might be. " No, your right I would not. Still he cares about you. do not give him hope wether there is none." Then she took her leave and walked back not even enjoying The Beauty of Mirkwood.

THANKS For reading! I hope you enjoyed it. I will be updating every Sunday. The next chapter Amlaruil will come. What do you think she will be like?!