Chapter 20

Once Seulgi finished the two demos after reviewing them endlessly she joined Wendy in bed and drifted off. They woke up the next morning around 9am and decided to head down for breakfast. Once they both grabbed their food and found a table.

"So care to tell me about those songs?" Wendy asked.

"Not much to say, when you hear it you'll be able to understand the message." Seulgi shrugged.

"Come on Seul, tell me something." Wendy whined.

Rolling her eyes "Fine I started these after the Irene incident. Seeing her helped me come up with these two songs." Seulgi said.

Wendy nodded "Well if there anything like your previous stuff, then there going to be hits."

Once finished with there breakfast they headed back to there room to change. Seulgi throwing on a white Braves jersey, blue ripped jeans and a pair of timberlands. Once Wendy saw this she couldn't help but stare at the fact that Seulgi was walking around with the jersey unbuttoned, showing that she was only wearing a bra underneath and it was on full display.

"You good Wan?" Seulgi smirked while grabbing a white beanie and her silver aviators.

Quickly nodding her head "Yup, it's juts you really look like a New Yorker right now. The denim with the timbs." Wendy chuckled "It actually really suits you."

"It's a comfortable outfit." Seulgi said "And plus I really like baseball jerseys."

The two headed out after Seulgi got a text from Halsey that she was in the lobby. Once they caught up with her they headed towards the car and were off to the studio. They got everything set up to record with Halsey pulling up the songs from her laptop and Seulgi pulling up the beats from hers.

"Alright so after we get through these twelve, we'll be down to four. I actually have an idea for two of them." Halsey said.

Seulgi nodded "I actually have two songs I worked that I thought would work for the album." Seulgi said slowly.

"For real? You got to show me." Halsey said excitedly.

"Sure thing." Seulgi pulled up the two songs "The first one is called Eyes Closed." She proceeded to play the first track.

Halsey and Wendy were both listening intently and as soon as the song started bobbing along to the guitar riff. Then the beat dropped and the chorus started and the two girls smiled at the sound. They were able to quickly pick up on the message of the song. When it finished Seulgi looked at Halsey.

"So?" Seulgi asked playing with the hem of the jersey.

Halsey smiled "I fucking love it. The meaning, melody and beat. Everything is dope." Halsey patted Seulgi on the arm.

Seulgi looked over at Wendy "Wan?"

"Incredible Seul, just like everything you ever do." Wendy smiled. Seulgi always took her opinions the most serious. It was an odd thing she had where she always wanted Wendy to like her work.

"Thanks guys. Now the second one is called Strangers. I wrote it with the idea of a feature, which is why I asked you that yesterday ghost." Seulgi said as she played the second one.

Just like the first song, the beat caught the attention of Halsey and Wendy. Then the words came and once more the message was clear. Wendy now knew what Seulgi meant by how the Irene situation inspired these two songs. When the song finished Halsey gave out a little chuckle.

"Why did I not know you can sing like that Sluggy?" Halsey said raising her eyebrows.

Seulgi gave a quick shrug "I don't really sing anymore. Haven't since college actually. But I've been thinking about getting back into it." She answered.