Chapter 25

I could easily come up with a dozen excuses of why it’s taken me TEN MONTHS to update. But you know what they say, right? Excuses are like assholes. Everybody has one.

**************************************************************

Chapter 25 (I realize that the last chapter says it was chapter 25 but that was an error on my part. Oops. Anyway, on to the story!)

It’s wonderful how fast time passes when you don’t want it to, isn’t it? Tomorrow. The big day. Could it please not come any faster?  I lay in bed all day, worrying. I didn’t really know what else to do. What DOES one do, when they know that the next day something horrible could happen? That it could be your last day on earth, or the last day that your lover would live? It’s hard to say. I just know that I didn’t feel like doing anything.

Blake wasn’t around for me to spend time with. He was out getting his army ready. Good for him. Let him be as ready as he can be. He told me a few days ago that he wouldn’t be surprised if the jerk tried to attack early. The selfish part of me wanted to tell him to just give up being a prince altogether. Was it really worth all this bloodshed? But I kept my mouth shut.

My whole life for the past three years has been completely out of my control. All I wanted for once, was something normal. But normal is so far out of my league. And I’ve changed so much in the last month that it’s crazy. Having a vampire blood mate? Possibly falling for him? Insane, I know. Especially when you look back and realize how much we despised each other in the beginning.

A knock on my door knocked me out of my stupor and brought me back to reality. Sitting up, I ran my fingers through my messy hair and called out wearily. “Come in…” I don’t really want to speak to anyone, unless it’s Blake.

The door creaked open and Emma stepped in. She looked just as tired as I felt. She was a bit paler than usual and dark circles shadowed her eyes. This battle thing had taken so much out of everyone. I haven’t had much time to talk to her in weeks. Everyone has been so busy and frantic. “Hey…”

I raised an eyebrow at her. Surely, she didn’t come here for small talk. I mentally prepared myself for one of her pep talks. If you haven’t realized yet, small talk just isn’t Emma’s thing. “Hi.” I yawned tiredly and rubbed my eyes. “What do you want?”

She scoffed and came to sit on my bed beside me. “You sound so excited to see me.” Sarcasm dripped from every word.

I smiled slightly. “Oh, I am?! Can you really not tell?” But that’s okay. I can be just as sarcastic.

She deadpanned and gave me a blank stare. Oh, here it comes. “Surely, you haven’t been in here moping all day? You have things to do.”

“Yeah? Such as? Blake didn’t give me a list of chores today.”

“I’m not talking about chores, Jasmine. Last week you were complaining about how Blake plans on locking up tomorrow when the big finale goes down.”

“Did you really just call this a big finale? This isn’t something to joke about, Emma.” I narrowed my eyes at her. I didn’t want to talk about this, right now. I was just trying to distract myself from it. Well….TRYING is the keyword here. I didn’t really succeed much, if my current position says anything.

“I’m not joking! Are you really just going to stay locked up? I know you better than that.”

“What else am I supposed to do? I’ve thought of everything in the world that I could but nothing would work. He threatened to keep someone in the room with me if he had to, and I refuse to allow that because he needs all the help he can get.” He did threaten that…Just one of our many arguments over this whole situation in the last month. He’s so damn stubborn that it hurts.

Once again, she scoffed at me. “Since when do you EVER listen to something he says? Where’s the girl who got stitches in her lip for standing up for me? Or the girl who constantly stands up to him? Why are you backing down now, when this is the most important thing for you to stand up to? Come on, Jasmine.” I hate when she says my name like that. She’s younger than I am and it sounds like she’s scolding me as though I’m a child.

I glared at her. “Are you calling me weak now?”

“You ARE being weak right now! If you really want to help him, then stop being stupid. Just go behind his back. That should be easy for the OLD Jasmine to do.” That really hurt my pride. But I suppose she’s somewhat right.

“I guess you’re kind of right…” I trailed off, and in my mind I started to build up some sort of plan. Every room in this castle has a window of some sorts and all of the doors lock from the outside, except his room. And I know he wouldn’t be rude enough to lock me downstairs. But then again…

“I don’t even know where he plans on locking me up at. He said it would be somewhere that he guarantees safe and he’s posting guards around the area.”

Emma nodded thoughtfully. “I think I have a plan…He wants all of the servants to help him fight, right? Except for you…I could do something to distract the guards and then I’ll let you out of the room.”

“But what if you don’t know what room that I’m in?”

“I’ll find it. Give me some credit. Just because I’m blonde, doesn’t mean I’m stupid.” She stared at me and her expression softened slightly and she smiled. “I can see how much this is bothering you…And I owe you a favor, don’t I?” A favor? Why would she owe me a favor?

“What are you talking about?”

“You have a sexy little scar running through your bottom lip because you stood up for me like forever ago. I owe you for that.” She’s being completely ridiculous…I would do that a thousand more times and I would never expect anything in return.

“Emma, don’t be ridiculous. You don’t owe me anything.”

She shrugged my words off. Her eyebrows were scrunched and I could tell she was pondering something. “My point is, I know how much this is bothering you, so I’m going to help you out and together we can kill of this bastard’s minion vampire army. Blake will no doubt be super pissed when he finds out and he’ll have me executed but that’s okay. I have a plan.” She smiled widely and looked at me, her eyes glowing with mischief. “Don’t worry your pretty little head, Jas. I have a plan. Just leave it all to me.”

***********************************

I'm sorry, okay? You guys hate me, I get that. But I have an ending planned for this story, and I WILL finish it. Okay? Okay. I love you all. Don't kill me too hard. Peace out! xoxo