Chapter 26

I've spent months trying to come up with a perfect way to end this story and I finally have it. There's only 2, maybe 3 more chapters left. And there won't be a sequel either, unfortunately. But no worries! I have another story that I'm working on, which will be much better than this story is. I've been writing this since I was 14. That's like...so long....

Chapter 26

Needless to say, all of the preparing we did and all of the stress was for not. The battle never came. We waited for days, never letting our guard down. And every day, I saw Blake a little less, until it got to the point where he wasn't around at all. We didn't want to be caught defenseless and get attacked, but what truly caught us off guard was the fact that nothing was happening. Ironic, right? I think so. But finally, after weeks of waiting, our guard was dropping. The plan Emma and I had made, became pointless so we just forgot about it altogether. The only one who is still so strung up about it is Blake. In fact, we had gotten into a full out argument over it. One where he actually insulted my intelligence and called me naive for letting my guard down. All I had stated was that maybe the guy had realized what he was up against and had given up. I decided not to bring it up at all after that.

Right now, I'm currently sweeping the front halls outside the entrance to the building. Not because it's a chore that I've been given, but because of a lack of anything better to do. Everything has fallen back into its normal routine so everyone is always busy all the time.

Sighing, I finished sweeping the pile of dust (you wouldn't believe how much dust can accumulate in one day) outside the door, and put up all the cleaning equipment I used. Blake's absence has been wearing on me more than I let on, and I didn't want to admit it to anyone because that would make this feeling for him more real. There had been a point in time, before the threat had come, where I believed that something was building between us. Now, I feel like maybe it was just me all along. And really, I despise myself for catching feelings. How idiotic of me.

A loud noise echoed through the hall, startling me. I turned around in time to see a girl bust through the door and land roughly on her bottom, all while letting out a loud screech that also made my ears bleed.

"Why in the hell were you just standing around?! Did I not make myself clear last time I talked to you?" Blake stormed through the door and pulled her to her feet. He looked especially brooding today, and his blue eyes were stormy and dark. On instinct, I managed to push myself between him and the girl, grimacing at him and yanking his hand off of her arm.

"What the hell are you doing?" I snapped. I haven't seen him do anything like this for awhile so I'm kind of shocked.

He narrowed his eyes at me and his eyes got darker. He flashed his teeth at me and shoved my hand off of him. "What are YOU doing? This doesn't concern you Jasmine." His tone was calm, but cold.

"Leave her alone! Whatever the hell your problem is, you can get over it." I narrowed my eyes at him and shoved him back. "And you should know better by now, than to think I would stand by and let you hurt someone. Hell, I thought you grew better than that."

"Better?" He scoffed. "You're the one putting yourself on a pedestal. Get out of my way." I winced at how cold his voice was, but the whimpering from the girl behind me kept me from backing down.

"I'll get out of your way when you leave her alone." I mumbled. Before I could blink, his hands were on my shoulders and he was shoving me out of his way, quite roughly. Taken off guard by the gesture, I was unable to catch myself from stumbling, and went straight into a wall. My chest collided roughly with it and my breath was knocked out of my lungs.