Chapter 17

I love the responses I got on chapter 16! They make me so happy! And I'm really happy I got more votes and comments then I wanted. I would have uploaded sooner but my old laptop is so slow and it hardly works anymore so I had to wait until my parents got me a new one! I love my new laptop! Anyway, back on the topic. I love writing this story so much...This is my favorite story to write and I PROMISE I will finish it. It might take a while, but I will! I already have the ending planned out and everything....My lips are sealed. :P

I want 25 votes and 20 comments this time! You guys can do it! And when you do it makes me so happy! This chapter is probably going to be short because I didn't write it on word...I wrote it as I went along. xD Now onto the story. I shall see you at the end!!

Chapter 17

The list of chores he gave me were as long as usual. I actually wish my life could be as easy as that dream was...A shudder ran down my spine and I tried to focus on the task I was currently doing...But that's not easy when his kiss in the dream kept playing over and over in my head and deep down inside I was upset that it WAS a dream...Call me crazy but it's true.

Finally, I finished the last task on the list and quickly started to head back into my room. Today, I have been trying to avoid everyone because I'm afraid they'll notice something is off and guess what I dreamed about. Blake is honestly the LAST person I want to run into right now.

When I got to my room, I sighed in relief and laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. I don't know how long I laid there, when a knock came from my door. Please do NOT let that be him...Well nevermind. If if was Blake, he wouldn't knock. He'd just come in. Getting up reluctantly, I opened the door and looked down to see Emma. She smiled shyly at me.

"Hey Jasmine...." I smiled slightly and held the door open wider where she could come in. "What's up?" I said before an awkward silence could fill the room.

She looked at me and then shrugged. "I just wanted to see how you're doing...You've seemed a little tense today and everyone has noticed it." I stared at her blankly and then shrugged. "I'm just tired, I guess." I said quietly and this has got to be the most unconvincing lie I have ever told....

She gave me a flat look. "I'm sure you are Jasmine. But that's not what's bothering you really is it? Did you and Blake have another fight or something?" I shook my head. "No. I'm sure you would have heard if we did. I told you I'm just tired." I stared at her, practically begging her with my eyes to believe me and to let it go.

She stared at me and then sighed. "Jasmine you know you can tell me anything right?" I laughed. "Yes Emma I know that. And if I absolutely need to tell you something, I will. But like I said...I'm fine."

She nodded. "Well Blake noticed too. He said he's going to be in here after he finishes his tasks." I stared at her with wide eyes. Oh gosh...Just the person I don't want to see and I have to. What did I ever do to you Karma?

"Well that's great." I said flatly. She raised her eyebrow at me and then shrugged. "Well I have to go now...Good luck!!" She smirked at me and then left my room. It wasn't even a minute after she left, that my door opened and Blake walked in and shut the door behind him. I flinched and started to play with the bottom of my shirt and avoided looking at him.

An awkward silence filled the room but I could feel his eyes on me. Finally, I looked at him. He was staring at me with a blank look on his face like always and his eyes seemed a little darker.

"What do you want?" The silence got to me and I broke it. He sighed and muttered. "To be honest, I don't really know. Everyone was saying there's something wrong but you look fine to me. Nervous...but fine." I nodded and looked at my bed before responding quietly. "I don't know why anyone would think something was wrong...I'm fine. Just...tired."

I felt his eyes stay on me. "Well maybe you should sleep more." I looked up and glared at him. "I sleep as much as I can. But you have to come and wake me up early every morning and give me chores that last almost all day." Blake rolled his eyes.

"Don't try and blame this on me Jasmine. The chores I've given you the last few days have been easy and you've had plenty of time to sleep."

Another silence filled the room. Damn him! "Ugh. I can't sleep ok?" I finally said in a frustrated tone and looked at him with a glare.

Blake shook his head and laughed coldly. "I'm sure you can't Jasmine." he said sarcastically. "Now are you going to tell me what's really wrong? I can stand here all day if I have to." I sighed. There's no way in hell that I can tell him about that dream! No way. I need to think of something that will convince him...

A few minutes of silence passed before I gave up. "Why do you care anyway!?" I snapped at him. He sighed. "I care because I'm trying to keep you in good health." He said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I laughed.

"Oh that's so grand Blake! I was a little tense. That doesn't mean I'm sick!"

He glared at me and I wanted to hide under the covers. "It's an order Jasmine. Tell me." I stared at him in shock. He just ordered me to tell him..."No!" I hissed.

His glare grew colder and I shivered. "Don't tell me no Jasmine! I'm not in the mood to deal with you today! I don't feel like hitting you myself but I WILL send you to the torture chamber and my workers down there will do it for me." I froze and stared at him in horror.

He can't be serious! I'm his freaking MATE for crying out loud! I can't tell him that dream...no way! It's a stupid reason to be tense anyway. I can't tell him. NO! No, no, no, no, and NO! I looked at my bed again. There has to be some way out of this...

I sat there and didn't say anything for a long time. Eventually, he broke the silence. "I'm still waiting Jasmine."

I looked up at him with sad eyes. "I had a bad dream, ok?! Now go away!" I yelled. His glare softened and he stared at me. "What was the dream about?" he asked quietly.

I flinched and shook my head. "I'm not telling you..."

"Yes you are."

"No. I'm not."

"Jasmine tell me!"

"No!!"

"I'm not asking you this time! Tell me!"

I lost my temper and jumped off the bed and glared at him. "I had a dream that you actually showed you CARED Blake! The reason its so bad, is because I know there is no fucking way that you'll EVER care for me! I'm your freaking MATE and you treat me like I don't exist! Now leave me the hell alone!" I yelled.

He stared at me in shock. Ha! I actually took him by surprise. If I wasn't so pissed, I would have been thrilled.

He shook his head and stared at me straight in the eyes. "Jasmine you don't know anything about me. If I didn't care, I can assure you that you wouldn't be alive now. However, there are so many reasons that I can't let myself get close to you that you don't know about." All my anger drained and I stared at him with wide eyes. I tried to say something but nothing would come out.

He turned around without saying another word and left, slamming the door behind him. I sagged onto my bed and put my face in my hands. I can't deny it anymore...I do care about him. Emma was right...And there's a slight possibility that eventually I'll fall for him. I laughed. Oh hell no...Falling for him would be a bad mistake and everyone knows that.

***************************************************************************************************************

Well here you go!! I would have posted a bit sooner...but every time I'd start a chapter, I'd decide I don't like it and delete it. I'm still not sure if I like it...but I have to get something out. Hope you guys like it! And remember 25 VOTES and 20 COMMENTS! I love you all!! Please vote,comment and possibly fan...Peace out!!